1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can it be done without rooting?

How can I get the nexus 1 lock screen but still run HTC home scenes?
    Banned

No, it can't be done without root

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts

download an alternative locking app? Lockbotpro is one. and there are a few others. can be found on the market. Toasted is a beginner. ignore him.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by x1208x View Post
    download an alternative locking app? Lockbotpro is one. and there are a few others. can be found on the market. Toasted is a beginner. ignore him.
    Ok thanks ill check it out.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Ok got the app and theme but how can I set it?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ok I got it, this maybe the coolest thing ever.
    Banned

Ha I'm far from a beginner man, just to the site. I've forgotmore about android than you'll ever know, just saying.

And your answer is wrong, he's looking for the NEXUS lockscreen. And lockbotpro doesn't have it. Thank you.

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    ROM
    Extra Crispy

You should think before you post stuff like that,never know might need that persons help one day.

Quote Originally Posted by t0ast3d View Post
    Ha I'm far from a beginner man, just to the site. I've forgotmore about android than you'll ever know, just saying.

And your answer is wrong, he's looking for the NEXUS lockscreen. And lockbotpro doesn't have it. Thank you.
    Just to back you up bro. t0ast3d is right you would need root because you would need to remove htc lockscreen.Thanks for being civil with your reply.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

guys settle down. no need to fight and instigate trouble.

i think what toasted meant was that it will not be an exact replacement without rooting. yes you can download an app from the market but it will just be layered over the original lock screen instead of replacing it. from what i have heard that app is not exactly the most reliable either. sometimes it doesn't work and sometimes it will make you unlock 2 times. maybe they fixed the bugs but thats what i remember from an earlier release as well as hearing from other people.

if you want an actual replacement lock screen then you are going to have to root. if layering it over the original works good enough then rooting might not be necessary.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by beezy420 View Post
    You should think before you post stuff like that,never know might need that persons help one day.

Just to back you up bro. t0ast3d is right you would need root because you would need to remove htc lockscreen.Thanks for being civil with your reply.
    Thank you.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by t0ast3d View Post

actually I was looking for the Froyo 2.2 lock screen and it has it so I'm a happy camper.