Flashing from one aftermarket ROM to another

DavidBlues

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Is the process any different than going from stock ROM to a new one? I'm trying to switch from CM7.2 to Mate35 the same way I flashed the CM7.2; I load the new ROMs zip file to the SD,I create a backup, wipe the davlik and normal cache, and boot into recovery. Just one thing though, it never boots into recovery. It just boots into the CyanogenMod boot animation. Am I doing something wrong here?

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm interesting I never had this issue did you try it from from manager?? You could always reboot into recovery go to advanced do the system wipe do the dalvic cache wipe then load it from the SD card and do it manually that's the only thing I can think of and I've gone from cm 7.2 at least 4 times never had this issue but try doing it from recovery and also make sure you got the latest clock work re overt flashed some rooms aren't compatible without a certain version

DavidBlues

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Thats just it, it won't let me boot into recovery at all. When I try the Huawei logo screen comes up, vibrates, goes black, comes up again, vibrates and boots as normal.

I'm going to see if uninstalling and reinstalling ROM manager helps at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty