Rooting Huawei M865c

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Running Android 2.3.6. Tried Z4Root app without success. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Super one click
Or
Gingerbreak
If HTC use unrevoked or the above
Z4root doesn't work for that version
Most things need a pc

Sent from my SPH-M820 using Android Central Forums

Zaphraud

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
1. Turn on USB debugging anyways. There's some stuff you can get as "shell" that you can't get as whatever user your terminal app installs as.
2. Opening a Huawei m865 - Pastebin.com <--Basic instructions for opening the Huawei m865c somewhat, confirmed to work on both Cricket and Straight Talk phones. Repaste below:

$ cd /data
$ rmdir drm/rights
$ ln -s /data /data/drm/rights
$ cd /data/HWUserData
$ rmdir ContactIcons
$ ln -s /data/data ContactIcons
$ rmdir Recordings
$ ln -s /data/app Recordings
$ rmdir Videos
$ ln -s /data/cust Videos
$ rmdir Pictures
$ ln -s /data/system Pictures
$ reboot

#***THEN***#

$ cd /data
$ rm drm/rights
$ rmdir drm
$ ln -s /data drm
$ ln -s /cache rights
$ reboot

This is *not* a root procedure and does not, by itself, enable one to purchase a subsidized prepaid and use it on another service (i.e. its not a prohibited operation in the USA). What this is, is a tutorial on using your rights as granted under the GPL and as guaranteed by the GPL-DRM package. Who knew DRM could be a good thing!!! What this does, is get you rights to manage your own data, similar to rooting. Like rooting, it also makes you somewhat more vulnerable to problems if you download malware, for all the obvious reasons.

Also, if your sick of wasting a quarter of your free space on Google's latest bloatware and want to stick with what just plain works, [Bash] Prevent Google Play & Google Play Services on HUAWEI M865 - Pastebin.com :
#
# Keep the Google Market active on a HUAWEI M865 without rooting:
# First, you must use HUAWEI's DRM enforcement package!
# Apply your GPL-given legal rights to /data/app (instructions not provided - figure it out! NO ROOT!)
# Then run this script while logged in as shell via adb:
#
cd /data/app
#
mkdir com.android.vending-1.apk
mkdir com.android.vending-1.apk/****off
chmod 555 com.android.vending-1.apk
chmod 555 com.android.vending-1.apk/****off
#
mkdir com.google.android.gms-1.apk
mkdir com.google.android.gms-1.apk/****off
chmod 555 com.google.android.gms-1.apk
chmod 555 com.google.android.gms-1.apk/****off

Along the same lines, if you FIRST install the upgrade, apply rights to it, then delete it and run the same procedure, the app disappears entirely. Great for opting out of preinstalled aps that have updates. Say, for example, you just plain don't like Google Maps randomly starting all the time and don't use any other apps that need a map (foursquare, etc etc), update maps, then wipe it out and replace the apk with folders... its still there in /system, but the update is gone, and it won't be hogging your CPU and bandwidth, so your angry birds will run smoother...

Feel free to contact me if you have questions regarding performing other operations. I will respond at my own discretion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance