Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Did you root your phone successfully with this method?

Voters
182. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

125 68.68%
  • No

57 31.32%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: Samsung Universal Gingerbread Root & Unroot 2.3.3 -> 2.3.7+

Updated everything and have fun with it

The new downlod is on a "complete survey to download" site which as usual doesnt work can please post an actual download link
    therage likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Quote Originally Posted by Opeyemi Dosunmu View Post
    The new downlod is on a "complete survey to download" site which as usual doesnt work can please post an actual download link
    I can't do that I think you will find the answers on my blog Samsung Universal Gingerbread Root & Unroot 2.3.3 -> 2.3.7+ the reason I remove all downloads from previous share hosting websites.

Can`t download this universal_gb_c.c.b.s.f_v9.zip ):

Is there really no way to bypass these surveys? I've tried and tried but got nowhere

Hi Guys....I have a Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5363..I am finding it so so so hard to root it....

I put the update.zip on the root of my sdcard, then into system recovery and applied the update and it then stats but then says:

ice" == "GT-B7510" ||getprop("ro.product.product") == "GT-B7510" :Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip
    (status 7)
    Installation aborted.

is it because my phone is a s5363? and not a s5360?, will this work adding it to the updater script??

I was told :
    Like below add that
    getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-S5363" ||

I am now trying to install "universal gb root unroot"....but the links and all stuff here on 1st page is lots and lots of surveys...even after taking surveys
    PLS HELP.

I've been trying to root my S5830 for almost a year now, and reading the reference to the carrier branded system files, I thought I had my answer with the universal_gb_c.c.b.s.f_v9.zip. Unfortunately the download just takes me to a site that tells me I must complete a survey before I can download it. I've been to this site on several occasions before, and signed up to their $5/mth subscriptions as demanded and still can't download the file. I tried again today, and still get the same result.
    Is there any way to obtain this download without having to sign up for these costly and useless competitions, and still not get the file?
    I just want to download it, and I'd be more than happy to pay for it. I don't want to upload it to another server. Your posts are full of promises, and deliver nothing!

thnks, gonna try it out. u where very helpful!

is this method works on qmobile a2 ... 2.3.6

can i ask a question? after i complete the survey its stock on the processing i can't download the file. please can you help me? thanks in advance i'm just new here. :3

Please Complete A Survey To Download This File

There are no surveys available for your country.

Please use valid information when fill any survey otherwise your download will not start and the survey will not finish.
    Download will start after you complete a survey above, usually it takes 2-3 minutes to check after completion.

none of the surveys work, this is bull****. thanks for wasting my time

@$%^& Unable to download the zip file without having to fill crappy SCAM survey that only wants my phone number or email address to start bombarding my phone with 2$ txt messages and anyway it's not available with my carrier, of course it's scam!. What a waste of time and since you have no clue what this zip file actually do ! I will not install this as it could easily be installing a backdoor for hackers, you should be able to type the commands in a terminal window and supply the root password, because this is in fact the only thing you actually need to root a linux device
    Thanked by:

u have to press power button and middle button at same time if u got an error like ramdump..okay sir

link is error not working in nepal.....

Help me to install CWM in samsung galaxy ace s5830i
    when i reboot my phone old samsung recovery comes.. every time i have to select CWM file by choosing apply Update from Sd card

Worked like a charm for Galaxy Q(Mobilicity) Thks, but please make unroot file public!
    Jayden

Guys I need your Help my Phone Settings Icon is Missing I tried to Run Hard Reset Unroot and Re Root my Phone but still its gone from my Application Menu I dont know what to do please help me.
    My Unit is Galaxy Pocket Android Version is Gingerbread 2.3. without Phone Settings my Phone is Useless so please Kindly help me.

I am not able to unboot my Samsung galaxy y pro gt b5512 what should I do

From wikipedia:

"A confidence trick (synonyms include confidence scheme, scam and stratagem) is an attempt to defraud a person or group after first gaining their confidence, in the classical sense of trust. A confidence artist (or con artist) is an individual, operating alone or in concert with others, who exploits characteristics of the human psyche such as dishonesty, honesty, vanity, compassion, credulity, irresponsibility, naïveté, or greed."

On this day, this is precisely what this post is about.
    This is a scam, and StoneBoyTony is a con man.
    All of the information on the post is there to build confidence.
    The technical language, the colorful pictures, the thanking notes indicating that people succeeded with the method before.
    Classic confidence scam.

I don't even doubt that people did actually get their phones rooted with files provided in this post before.
    But if the information was legitimate once, it is not so now. With the ability to edit the post, the guy now has truthful evaluations supporting his false, deceitful scheme.
    If this guy was once an accomplished programmer/hacker, he traded his suit for one of a con artist long ago.

Don't believe me? Go ahead, try the links on his blog. I dare you to be able to download the files.

This is a scam.
    The files are unreachable on the linked blog.
    Ten posts are needed in order to report.
    This is post number 2.

I will be spending some time cleaning my computer after trying to download this from the scammer's blog.
    That I will do later. Now, I am posting to report this so other people don't need to go through the same grief.
    This is post number 3.

Cool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 4

I wonder who will get banned from this forum by this situation.
    Is it going to be me, a user that just registered today and instead got scammed?
    Or Stoneboy Tony, who is clearly scamming for clicks and not delivering what he claims?
    Then posts are needed in order to report.
    This is post number 4.

I think it is actually quite sad.
    After spending the last 2 days trying to get my phone back in order, I could not find a proper root method for my phone.
    Instead, what I got was a computer filled with bloatware/malware.
    I was lucky I was alert at the time, or I would have also ended up with a 5 dollar weekly charge on my phone bill.
    My theory is that once this guy had it, and he actually managed to help a lot of people.
    Did he lose it?
    Quite the fall from glory.
    This is post number 5.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast