Issues with a rooted Incredible and the camera

sonar_chris

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted my Dinc and now my camera wont work at all. I've tried multiple soft boots, the only thing I can think of now is to do a factory reset. Anyone have any better ideas?

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I just rooted my Dinc and now my camera wont work at all. I've tried multiple soft boots, the only thing I can think of now is to do a factory reset. Anyone have any better ideas?

Well rooting certainly does not effect your camera at all. It has to be something else, because it just does not make sense. All rooting does is give you more permissions ( like being an admin account on Windows ). I am not saying you didn't know what root means all I am trying to point out is that rooting does not even come close to making your camera fail. That's very odd most likely a factory reset is in your best interest. Just back up all your apps with titanium or something alike.

sonar_chris

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Well rooting certainly does not effect your camera at all. It has to be something else, because it just does not make sense. All rooting does is give you more permissions ( like being an admin account on Windows ). I am not saying you didn't know what root means all I am trying to point out is that rooting does not even come close to making your camera fail. That's very odd most likely a factory reset is in your best interest. Just back up all your apps with titanium or something alike.

I am new to Android and rooting, I did root 2 different ways, first with the 10 minute youtube video and then with unrEVOked 3. I got wireless teather on my phone and got the laptop all set up and working using my phone as a hotspot. I did a factory reset and my camera started working just fine again, however I now have a new problem. The stock HTC clock/weather widget wont automatically update. When I open weather, hit the menu key and go to settings, the auto update box is unchecked. I check it and exit the weather updates. However when I go back into the weather settings, the auto update box is unchecked again. For some reason the weather widget wont allow auto update now. I performed another factory rest with the same results. At this point, I unrooted the phone and all is back to normal. The only thing that I can think might be causeing these problems is the wireless teather app. Anyone else have any ideas?

rmiles7721

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Go to settings-accounts & sync and make sure Background data and Auto-sync are checked as well. Under those there is a list of apps that you allow to sync. Go into weather from there and check your update frequency and make sure Sync Weather Data is also checked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995