3rd party roms

nev brad

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
hi there,
we have a .img file for android 4.1.1 for a 9.7" tablet. We want to unpack this .img file using a windows desktop and see if we can add an .apk to the base android application side. the factory in china will not release the source code and builds just the image file for refresh. we cannot release our client code to anyone and so need to look at how we can without a montser of an effort enable locking our .apk to the image and restore this image to the tablet. th etbalet using the standard rk30 chip etc. we will send the final image back to factory and then they can push this to the tablets we are using.

does anyone have any suggestions on how we can change whatever .img withing the recovery.img file and ensure we can lock down another app so it cant be deleted.

Many thanks,
Neville

androidalais

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Use one of the zip programs (winzip, 7zip, etc.) and unzip the program. Then go into the system apps folder and place the apk's there, then save as another zip file. That's about the extent of my knowledge. I have tried other things but i always end up screwing up the rom. Just remember to be careful, and test your rom before sending it back. When i tried to make my own custom rom sometimes the app didn't play nice with other things in the system so it wouldn't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463