Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #26  

Default Re: How to Root unrootable SpreadTrum SC6820

I already have uploaded files of my SC6820.

Here is the link

Download SC6820.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Hopefully, it works for you.

I would be gr8ful, if you can help in rooting.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Quote Originally Posted by luisczaera View Post
    Hi all!!

I bought a MTK6577 chinese phone and I tried to get root access by some ways without success. I tried to flash a cyanogenmod rom and it didn't work. After some research I could find it is a sc6820 phone. I tried to compile the linux kernel for it, but there is no information about, so I could get my phone to work again but without any device. Could anyone, which phone is rooted, do a system image backup and share it with us? You can do it by this way:

1. Open adb: adb start-server; adb shell
    2. Type: su
    3. On your phone's screen will be shown a window requesting root access. Select yes.
    4. type this commands: dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock11 of=/sdcard/system.img ; dd if=/dev/block/mtdblock10 of=/sdcard/boot.img
    5. Please, upload the files of your sdcard system.img and boot.img

Thank you very much guys.
    I have uploaded files of my SC6820. Here is the link
    Download SC6820.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Cool Re: How to Root unrootable SpreadTrum SC6820

Hi Capitan Queso. I have same phone, same build same model. I have bought it for my daugther but seems that the flash is incorrect. Could not detect the SIM.
    I want to reflash it. Have you succeded? Is it working now?

thanks

I recommend that you ask your company to give you a new SIM before flash it, don't even know if that's the problem, are you sure you are not inserting the sim backside? I succeed on rooting but never try to plug it again via adt.Flashing it'll void the guaranty. You have to activate the sim from Settings/Dual Sim Setings/StandBySettings/Check sim slot S1 or S2

i assume that you have all the drivers installed if not , do that first , then continue with these
    Check if your phone has fastboot mode (keep pressing home and power on, you should see the words fastboot in red ), if it does, flash this img to your phone cwm-recovery-S9300-S3.img.7z in fastboot mode (its a CWM img) assuming you have a spreadtrum sc6820A (a.k.a. s3 clone )
    then
    Download this patch: SuperuserAndFullBackup.zip
    Put it on the root of your SD Card.
    Now you will have to boot on CWM, is on the same key combination than the old useless recovery was. (Most of the time Volume- and Power , remember to take out your battery for 10 sec before pressing vol- and power)

choose apply update.zip
    Choose the file you have put on your sd card before
    Apply it then reboot.

This update.zip have pushed everything needed to root your phone in the right place, you should be rooted now !

If you have an error like:"Can't mount /sdcard" you may have to try with another SD Card and be sure your SD Card if formated as Fat32.

if you dont have luck with this or your phone doesnt have fastboot mode look for Spreadtrum ResearchDownload tool
    Last edited by Alex VP; 04-10-2013 at 04:31 AM.

just try the latest pst about to root karbonn a1+ on XDA site that'll surely help you in rooting of your android

Successfully rooted CallBar A1 Mobile through ResearchDownload.

Requirement - Stock Rom (pac file) and CWM Recovery Image.

While flashing original ROM through ResearchDownload Software, I simply replaced the path of Recovery.img file to CWM Recovery image file. After Flash was over. Restarted phone in CWM Recovery and applied update.zip from sd-card containing SuperUser Files.

Its done.... Rooted.

Took me almost months to get success. I kept experimenting whenever got time. At one time also bricked.... any way finally I am done.

Today I turn off this phone, after turn on, all contacts and apps installed on my SD where gone is like the phone turn back to factory settings but all accounts and settings that remain in the phone stay there but malfunctioning, any hint or tutorial to restore my contacts and reinstall my old apps? Is there a file to look for my contacts?

Hi,
    I successfully rooted my Spreadtrum SC6820A with the I9300 CWM that you provided. I'm looking to upgrade the OS to 4.2.x and found this CWM Android 4.2.2 CarbonRom Custom ROM and Google Apps for Galaxy S3 (Galaxy S3 I9300 Gets Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update via CarbonRom). The web page I found it on was Galaxy S3 I9300 Gets Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update via CarbonRom [How to Install] - IBTimes UK. Are you familiar with it or do you know of OS upgrade CWM that will work on the Spreadtrum S3 clone as well as the one you provided to root it?

Thank you for any insight you may have on this matter.

pls explain frm hw to start rooting coz i cant understand

hi, i'm green about rooting china spreadtrum phone. eventhough i've installed the PdaNet, but my phone still unrooted. what firmware should be used regarding to this issue??? my device is hsdroid 4.1.1/MocorDroid2.3.5/W12.20_P12_20130425.170505:user/test-keys.

Please need help really bad.... further info: my device is not vulnareable (it's patched)

Hi,

I have a Spreadtrum sc6820 sphs on hsdroid.. i just rooted my phone by Chinese Android Suit "VRoot".. after that i tried to install a custom cwm recovery through Recover Tools app.. Now m stuck on recovery .. when i reboot my phone into recovery it just turns off instead of starting cwm recovery.. Plzz give a solution

i've been working on my spreadtrum sc 6820, kernel 2.6.35.7, mocordroid 2.3.5.w12.20 dual standby/sim, 5" dual core android for about a day and a half. i've tried to root manually and push adb and fast boot, since the system doesn't seem to have a good combo of presses using xray first and told that my system has been patched. am about to try this link on a recent thread and any pointers would be great...thank you ahead of time...carrie

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Vanslyke View Post
    i've been working on my spreadtrum sc 6820, kernel 2.6.35.7, mocordroid 2.3.5.w12.20 dual standby/sim, 5" dual core android for about a day and a half. i've tried to root manually and push adb and fast boot, since the system doesn't seem to have a good combo of presses using xray first and told that my system has been patched. am about to try this link on a recent thread and any pointers would be great...thank you ahead of time...carrie
    I did it in 3 steps
    1 .- install PDANet in your PC
    2 .- install PDANet in your Phone
    3 .- install and Run "UnlockRoot" in your PC Without any Antivirus running (Check it first tho)

PDANet as in the wifi app?

the 2nd link provided results in a downed site, didn't know if you knew

Quote Originally Posted by Carrie Vanslyke View Post
    PDANet as in the wifi app?
    yep, the same, it installs a driver that makes work unlockroot, for what I know you can use the latest version from Download---UnlockRoot/UnlockPhone/UnlockRom---Android Root
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12