Visit site
Model - Callbar A1
Android - 2.3.5
Kernal Version ? 2.6.35.7
Software version ? 2.3.001.P1.12065
Hardware version ? P1
CPU ? SC6820 (1 Ghz.)
Screen ? 3.5? HVGA

I tried several methods such as DoomLord, SuperOneClick, UnlockRoot, Z4Root to root the phone but none worked.

Tried ADB to manually root the phone through commands but almost every command returns ? ?Permission Denied? or ?Read Only System?. However files su, SuperUsr.apk, BusyBox were easily pushed into /data/local/tmp. Further steps like making local.prop and onwards could not be executed and returned above stated errors.

Also tried modifications by putting update.zip on SdCard root and running Android Recovery System but this method also returned error ?Signature Verification Failed?.

Tried Nautilus on Linux Mint with OpenSSH while running DroidSSH on the phone but could not mount device by any means.

Scanned my device with ?X-Ray? app which reported that device or firmware I am using had been patched and is not vulnerable to any of the exploit available at the moment.

I desperately need rooting to remove pre-installed bloatwares and applications to free internal memory which is very less. I am trying to root phone for the last several days but every method has failed. Can any one help???

I have attached PDF file containing complete details of System Memory Map, MTD Tables, Symbolic Links, Directory Permissions and File Permissions of my android phone. I hope some one having knowledge of android system can help me by suggesting custom exploit after going through these details.

Attachments

• CallBar.jpg
    CallBar.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,627
  • System.pdf
    182.7 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:

Intex12345

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
How to Root patched Android 2.3.5 on SpreadTrum SC6820

I have attached PDF file containing complete details of System Memory Map, MTD Tables, Symbolic Links, Directory Permissions and File Permissions of my android phone. I hope some one having knowledge of android system can help me by suggesting custom exploit after going through these details.

Attachments

• System.pdf
    182.7 KB · Views: 116

androidalais

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to Root patched Android 2.3.5 on SpreadTrum SC6820

is it a knockoff phone? or a phone from some chinese company that nobody has heard of??? if so then that might be your problem.

Intex12345

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Re: How to Root patched Android 2.3.5 on SpreadTrum SC6820

@ androidalais : Most of the phones these days are being manufactured in China. Most probably, urs too. SpreadTrum Phones are newer so u might not have heard of them by now. Mine CPU is SC6830 (1 GHz). That's not big deal. Problem is that recent devices have been patched for the prevalent exploits. And ofcourse, if I have purchased that phone, problem is certainly mine. Further, I am just trying to share my problem with good people on forum who are willing to help learners.

For ur kind information Callbar is manufacturing several models.... just have a glimpse over following link.
Callbar

jcfernandezz

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
No body is rooting SpreadTrum SC6820 phones???:(

Hey bro. I did it! I don't know if i was lucky but it was very simple for me. The solution: UnlockRoot
I downloaded it , then installed on my computer, you have to ensure your antivirus is stopped for a while because it'll try to stop the download and the installation. After download, it's as simple as to click the ROOT button while your device is connected by USB cable to your computer and wait to finish it.
Of course, first of all you have to install the phone drivers for the computer. You can get them from Spreadtrum CPU USB Driver.rar . You may need to install some of them manually. Once you got the devices manager without any warning icon, you can execute unlock root. I hope to be helpful. Let us know how you gone. Good luck!

Intex12345

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I tried 'UnLockRoot' also but it didn't work for me. Although finding drivers wasn't easy but I managed it. My computer communicates with Mobile while connected through USB in USB Debugging Mode. UnLockRoot starts and after few seconds it stops and reports that 'Failed to gain Shell Root'. Mine device has been patched.
Thanks Bro.... at least you made it clear that some SpreadTrum Phones are Rootable......!

Last edited:

beaups

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried 'UnLockRoot' also but it didn't work for me. Although finding drivers wasn't easy but I managed it. My computer communicates with Mobile while connected through USB in USB Debugging Mode. UnLockRoot starts and after few seconds it stops and reports that 'Failed to gain Shell Root'. Mine device has been patched.
Thanks Bro.... at least you made it clear that some SpreadTrum Phones are Rootable......!

PM me on XDA please.

capitanqueso

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Hey bro. I did it! I don't know if i was lucky but it was very simple for me. The solution: UnlockRoot
I downloaded it , then installed on my computer, you have to ensure your antivirus is stopped for a while because it'll try to stop the download and the installation. After download, it's as simple as to click the ROOT button while your device is connected by USB cable to your computer and wait to finish it.
Of course, first of all you have to install the phone drivers for the computer. You can get them from Spreadtrum CPU USB Driver.rar . You may need to install some of them manually. Once you got the devices manager without any warning icon, you can execute unlock root. I hope to be helpful. Let us know how you gone. Good luck!
Hey How do you set the phone? I tried to install the drivers automatically and manually but still get the warnings I tried connecting it in debug mode, normal mode and still not set,

Model Number: KYX-909
Build number: C909_KYX_F1658_EN_V03

Intex12345

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I have pulled system folder from my phone and uploaded at the following link. Can any one dig it to suggest possible method for rooting???

Download SC6820.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Hey How do you set the phone? I tried to install the drivers automatically and manually but still get the warnings I tried connecting it in debug mode, normal mode and still not set,

Model Number: KYX-909
Build number: C909_KYX_F1658_EN_V03

Install PdaNet for Android. Connect your phone with USB Cable in debug mode. PdaNet automatically finds suitable drivers online and installs automatically. After you are done... go to Device Manager and find 'ADB Android Device' installed, which should be available on top of all devices installed. Don't bother if one or more devices with sign of exclamation are still under 'other devices'. Just concentrate on the 'ADB Android Device' which has been installed. Now go the properties of your device and find Hardware Ids... which should be some thing like this.....

USB\VID_1782&PID_5D04&REV_0229&MI_02
USB\VID_1782&PID_5D04&MI_02

Your Ids must be different. Whatsoever you see under Hardware Ids... just copy.

Now go to C:\Users\<Your own User Name>\.android

You must find adb_usb.ini file in .android folder. If it is there, just edit and copy your Hardware Ids in the file. If no adb_usb.ini file exists, just create it in notepad and save as adb_usb.ini under C:\Users\<Your own User Name>\.android

Now paste copied Hardware Ids in adb_usb.ini file.... It may look like this

Now you should add two more lines in your adb_usb.ini file. It should look like this....

0x1782
0x5D04

PLEASE NOTE that you should add 0x<Numeric Digits from your own Hardware ids>

Your file must contain four lines.....

0x1782
0x5D04

Just save the file and exit..... restart ADB.

Plug device with USB Debug Mode on. Now following command will show ur device in adb.

adb devices

Good Luck.... !!! Just Try and Report Back.

Last edited by a moderator:

capitanqueso

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank I'll try that and will report back. I'm desperate! Just upgrade to win 7 to see if the drivers work there and not.

Can`t find anything like this on my phone:
I have Android 4.0 on my device.
Can you tell me where supposed to be this information? I've been looking under settings and others app that check your config but nothing related to usb. Looks like PDA was connected I'll instal kava and android bundle to see if it works :/
EDIT: Silly me, you where talking about the device manager!

EDIT2: It Totally work!!! Thanks to all!! PDANet Installed 1 Driver (Can access through ADB's Monitor.bat but says off-line. Using UnlockRoot could root the friggin phone! I checked with Root Checker and it was true. Then un-install and reinstall Supersu (Because I did it accidentally). Then had to Install Root App Delete (uninstalleer) In order to un-install some app marked as "system" like twitter and facebook :/ the hug ones. But when I reinstall them it where reinstallled on the phone so havo to move them (always under root privileges) with Link2SD It move them very well. Now I'll try some SDK tricks to intall all aps into SD. Wish me luck!
THANKS AGAIN! I'm as happy as a gay guy with two @ss holes with my new Free 30 MB!

Intex12345

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Now I'll try some SDK tricks to intall all aps into SD. Wish me luck!
THANKS AGAIN! I'm as happy as a gay guy with two @ss holes with my new Free 30 MB!

There is another trick to force all Applications to get installed in SD Card, Whether or NOT your phone is ROOTED... it works on all.

Connect your phone with PC with USB Debug Mode on.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\Android-SDK\Platform-Tools\ (I mean ur Android ADB-SDK installed Directory.... or it may else, where you might have installed). You must find ADB.exe file there.

Now hold Shift Key and Right Click Mouse any where within the Directory. You will see 'Open Command Window Here' option in the Menu.
Click on 'Open Command Window Here'......
Write following commands on the terminal:

Please Note all commands are Case Sensitive

adb devices

It should show your device connected with PC. . I mean it shows some alphanumeric id... any thing like that.
Now write following Commands:

adb shell

pm getInstallLocation
Above command will tell you that your default install location is '0'. Now you will change the default install location to your SD Card which should be '2'. Write following command on your terminal.

pm setInstallLocation 2
This command will set your default install location to SD Card. All apps will get installed on your SD card by default. To make sure that you have changed the default install location to SD Card, Run following command again

pm getInstallLocation -- Now it should report you that Install Location is 2 which means SD Card.

To make the changes effective, restart ur handset and ENJOY...!!!

NOTE : Alternatively You can do it by simple way.

Install Linux Emulator app on your phone. You may use free version. It will do needful.
Open emulator:
Write following commands:

pm getInstallLocation
Above command will tell you that your default install location is '0'. Now you will change the default install location to your SD Card which should be '2'. Write following command on your terminal.

pm setInstallLocation 2
This command will set your default install location to SD Card. All apps will get installed on your SD card by default. To make the changes effective, restart ur handset.

ENJOY... Hurrah....!!!:)

Last edited:

Intex12345

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I tryed the console but it says

Code:
[1] Killed            pm setInstallLocation 2
Can't access any more through USB now, don't know what happen!

Alternatively You can do it by simple way.

Just Install Linux Emulator app on your phone. You may use free version. It will do needful.
Open emulator:

pm getInstallLocation

pm setInstallLocation 2
This command will set your default install location to SD Card. All apps will get installed on your SD card by default. To make the changes effective, restart ur handset.

Can't access any more through USB now, don't know what happen!

If You want to do it through ADB. Try un-plugging and re-plugging ur phone with PC.

Then execute following commands on ADB Terminal

adb kill-server
It will Kill Server

adb start-server
It will restart Server

Then Go ahead... with the above stated process.

capitanqueso

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Alternatively You can do it by simple way.

Just Install Linux Emulator app on your phone. You may use free version. It will do needful.
Open emulator:

pm getInstallLocation

pm setInstallLocation 2
Thats what I did.
I had to trow the classic "su" before typing pm setInstallLocation 2
Code:
$ su pm
# pm setInstallLocation 2
All fine now, rebooted and getInstallLocation says 2 now! Thanks!!! I'll start to RTFM now!! LOL

If You want to do it through ADB. Try un-plugging and re-plugging ur phone with PC.

Then execute following commands on ADB Terminal

adb kill-server
It will Kill Server

adb start-server
It will restart Server

Then Go ahead... with the above stated process.

It's seems that windows seven update just got the drivers and install them cause even I got a message to join a new network that works just like PDANet (tethering)

Intex12345

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Thats what I did.
I had to trow the classic "su" before typing pm setInstallLocation 2
All fine now, rebooted and getInstallLocation says 2 now! Thanks!!! I'll start to RTFM now!! LOL

It doesn't required Super User Privileges on most of the devices to change Install Location. Any Way, what is done.... is.... actually achieved. Gr8, U have Rooted Device. Changed default Install Location to SD Card.
I have been trying for more than one month to root my device without any success... tried almost every method available on forums (except cooking customized ROM, because I not not advanced user).
Have fun with your device as barriers to utilize its capabilities no longer exist.

capitanqueso

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I try everything "su" was the big breaker (thats what I ate about paranoid linux!) still nothing with SDK uninstall all the drivers reinstalled but nothing! I'll keep trying tomorrow may be i'll post it in a more appropriate thread.

Intex12345

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
May be you are skipping some step. Recheck, you have edited adb_usb.ini file as suggested in above post. Hardware Vendor Ids of your device as shown by Windows Device Manager and entries contained in adb_usb.ini file must be same.
Also make sure You are connected in USB Debug Mode.

AND thereafter just plug your device to PC and dont mount it over windows..... say dont select USB Mass Storage etc.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante