Motorola Droid won't reboot into recovery

All_Ears

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So I currently have Bugless Beast v0.4 on my Motorola Droid. I wanted to switch to Cyanogen 6, however when I try to do any type of backup or wipe data/cache through ROM manager the phone reboots, but just sticks at the Motorola logo. I then have to pull the battery and then reboot. It goes right back into the phone perfectly fine. I've also tried to manually go into recovery mode by holding "x" and power button, but the same thing happens.
After being frustrated with this, I decided I would just do a factory reset and start all over. However after turning off the phone hangs again at the same Motorola logo. I pull the battery/reboot and it goes right back to where it was.

Anyone have any ideas for me?

If any method involves using ADB and pushing any files I will say right now that I have no idea how to do that, so if you could include a link to some sort of tutorial that would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you!

All_Ears

BryEDS

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Well, you know the phone works fine as it starts, so the only thing messed up is your recovery ... my droid does this fairly often as of late with the newer versions of Rom Manager .... but not a big deal. I've also found that for me, if I wait a little while for it to boot normally on its own, it'll do just that w/o a battery pull.

Anyways, just go to rom manager, go to the bottom, click "flash alternate recovery" and it'll put SPRecovery on the phone, then scroll to the top and click "Flash Clockwork Recovery" and then try to install the ROM. i've had to do this nearly every time I download/install a rom through rom manager for the last several flashes.

BryEDS

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
One more note, if you open rom manager after a failed ROM install, it should ask you what went wrong and present you with a few choices - it'll basically tell you to do the same. Not sure if this is a feature only from the paid version or if it is in all new/free versions. It seems to fix it

All_Ears

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
One more note, if you open rom manager after a failed ROM install, it should ask you what went wrong and present you with a few choices - it'll basically tell you to do the same. Not sure if this is a feature only from the paid version or if it is in all new/free versions. It seems to fix it

So I did what you suggested and flashed SPRecovery onto the phone and then flashed clockwork mod again. Everything seemed to go ok. Tried to install CM6 and got the same issue, recovery mode wouldn't boot. At least this time it booted up for me instead of sticking at moto logo. I do have something pop up when I open rom manager again. Ill look at that and see what it says again. I think the link was telling me to push a file with adb or terminal, neither of which I have ever done. Ill have to see what I can accomplish.

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

All_Ears

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So the link that Rom Manager gives me after a failed reboot into recovery is this:
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=699100

According to a friend of mine he tells me that the forum there is saying to do the exact same stuff I've been doing.

I have not had any change yet. Still won't reboot into recovery using ROM Manager or by holding down X when booting up. As I mentioned before it no longer hangs at the Moto logo, but it will not reboot into recovery mode.

Any other suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech