recommended I post this OS revert question here

David Hunter2

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Someone in another thread recommended I post this question here because you all were a group of smart people:

--I bought a Nexus 7 (2013) because it didn't give me eyestrain like the iPad mini. When I upgraded to KitKat I immediately noticed the same eyestrain and slight nausea that Apple devices and computers give me. I don't know what it is but it's in the whiteness of text and white spaces. It's too "crisp". Adjusting brightness and contrast doesn't help. Someone mentioned that kitkat wasn't "blue" like the previous OS.

I want to get back to jellybean. I was wondering if there was a way to get back to the official jellybean without something like cyanogenmod, and if possible, without rooting the device, because it's still under warranty. Otherwise, it was recommended I use one click root and the above custom OS.

Sorry if it was inappropriate to post here.

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes would just come down to flashing the jellybean factory image for that device. There are likely guides on this in the Nexus 7 forum. If not let me know and I can find one with step by step instructions. Once done you will have to ignore the upgrade prompts that you will get hit with from time to time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance