- 103 Posts
superuser vs. superSU
i flashed a rom, omni rom, but lost root after. the rom is a "nightly", and uses an over the air update process called opendelta, whereby the nightly update can be done simply by the push of the ok button.
on my sd "card is now a folder called "flashafterupdate". i want to put a superuse zip file in there to re-obtain root after each nightly.
my specific question: what is the difference between the 2 superusers? and if anyone can post a link where i can get the latest zip file, i'd appreciate it. i've downloaded a few, but am a bit unsure.
nexus 7, omni rom is 4.4.2 based.
- 01-07-2014, 08:14 AM #2
Fancy A Break From Your iPhone? Have an Android Kit Kat
- 6,004 Posts
- 01-07-2014, 08:15 AM #3
- 01-28-2014, 05:55 AM #5
- 1 Posts
Re: superuser vs. superSU
superuser from ClockworkMod (not from chainsdd) it's actively developed, and it's open source. It's the one included in CyanogenMod.
Why another Superuser?
* Superuser should be open source. It's the gateway to root on your device. It must be open for independent security analysis. Obscurity (closed source) is not security.
* Superuser should be NDK buildable. No internal Android references.
* Superuser should also be AOSP buildable for those that want to embed it in their ROM.
* Superuser should also be AOSP embeddable, meaning a ROM can easily embed it into their Settings app.
* Maintenance and updates on both the market and source repositories should be timely.
* If something goes wrong, I can fix it.
* Handle multiuser (4.2+) properly
* Handle concurrent su requests properly
- 03-03-2014, 11:09 AM #6
- By Jake_15 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 44Last Post: 01-11-2014, 05:48 PM
- By eemc in forum Verizon Galaxy S3Replies: 4Last Post: 01-06-2014, 10:51 PM
- By Kirito Lawrence in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 19Last Post: 01-06-2014, 04:45 PM
- By Series335 in forum Motorola Droid MAXXReplies: 3Last Post: 01-06-2014, 08:05 AM
- By weatherman3456 in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 6Last Post: 01-05-2014, 10:00 PM