What is "HOLD MODE" on Samsung Devices?

zoneweb

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
My app got rejected from Samsung's app store because it didn't pause on "Hold mode". Anyone familiar with Samsung devices know what this is? Is this a programmatically implemented feature or some special hardware event I have to capture?
:-\

zoneweb

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I've google searched the problem before. There's no discussion on it and no documentation explaining in detail what it exactly is. :(

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I've google searched the problem before. There's no discussion on it and no documentation explaining in detail what it exactly is. :(
I must apologize for the above search comment. That is not how we do things around here to tell someone to Google something.

Let me see if I can get one of our Ambassador's to explain it or point you in a better direction.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I can think of it might be is to hold upon receiving a phone call, but I don't think that is right.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

zoneweb

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for trying to help guys. Since I can't find any useful information elsewhere regarding this, I'm going to make an educated guess and assume it's a pause button for the app since I see many apps in the store having this feature.

Robin Hames

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering whether you found any further information on this? My own game got flagged with the same defect, although as a recommendation rather than a rejection. Strangely, it was only flagged on an update, not on the first two releases. I've raised a ticket with Samsung asking for further information. If I get any, I'll post it here.

mopages

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
Did you get to the bottom of this?...It's 2020, and I've had a similar issue which references 'hold key'/'hold mode' from Samsung App Store. I've never heard of the hold key or hold mode... This page came back from a Google search :)

(FYI My issue is The Recents Key Button disappears after returning from hold key/hold mode)...Is this a lost in translation thing from Korean to English?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC