Would it be possible to put Android onto a Nokia N8?

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering getting a cheap Nokia N8 off ebay to try and stick Android on it just for kicks, would it be possible or would I be wasting my cash?

If it can be done, what are some resources I could look up?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm considering getting a cheap Nokia N8 off ebay to try and stick Android on it just for kicks, would it be possible or would I be wasting my cash?

If it can be done, what are some resources I could look up?

No that would be just wasting of cash you can't push Android in it, even if you somehow managed to do that your device would be useless as the hardware of nokia n8 is different from of the Android. So I would say i will just be a wast of Good device. I would rather prefer you to buy an Android device, and yes it's not that costly I am sure you can get an Android device as low as $50 or may be less than that !

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
No that would be just wasting of cash you can't push Android in it, even if you somehow managed to do that your device would be useless as the hardware of nokia n8 is different from of the Android. So I would say i will just be a wast of Good device. I would rather prefer you to buy an Android device, and yes it's not that costly I am sure you can get an Android device as low as $50 or may be less than that !

I'm actually getting a Galaxy S5 when the 32 GB version comes out on Verizon and I have a Razr Maxx right now that's showing its age. I just want to see if I could put Android on an N8 for fun. So the hardware on the N8 just isn't optimized for Android right?

So what would be a good phone that's cheap to get just so I could mess with it?

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Try buying Datawind Akash tablet, It is some India company making cheap tablets for students which is going to cost $50. I am sure that is a cheap tablet to experiment upon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs