Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to send Notifications in android

Dear all,

can anybodly please let me know how to send notifications to android app. i want to notify user whenever a new record is added in the database. which type of notifications i have to use ? local notifications or remote notifications ? and please a brief procedure how to achieve this ?
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: How to send Notifications in android

Quote Originally Posted by Munawwar View Post
    Dear all,

can anybodly please let me know how to send notifications to android app. i want to notify user whenever a new record is added in the database. which type of notifications i have to use ? local notifications or remote notifications ? and please a brief procedure how to achieve this ?
    Well, you have to use a push notification over the application, and yes one more thing I can't help you with the brief procedure as a long line of code needs to be written, and I start the coding them who knows I might have developed myself and application. It would be better to ask the same question over the stackoverflown or .... similar I am sure several coders are over there who can help you with the code process.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks @Kelly,,, i will post there....you are right its a bit long process...

I know this thread is somewhat old, but if anyone is wondering how to do this, the Parse api is pretty good. I use it in apps I've written:
    https://parse.com/products/push