Having problems rooting w/ Unrevoked- help!

Neptune79

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I need some help- Ive got a droid incredible and I am trying to root using Unrevoked.

Since I am using windows, I understand that I needed to install some drivers from the unrevoked website, which I have done.

If I look at my device manager under here is what it looks like (which matches the final step on the windows driver instructions picture):
Android Phone
Android Bootloader Interface

From what I read on unrevoked, it looked like I was all set. I then downloaded the reflash_package, plugged in my phone, enabled usb debugging and tried running the unrevoked program. When unrevoked tried to run the reflash it read: Found a Droid Incredible

and a warning popped up saying unrEVOked was about to start, I then clicked OK to start the process.

I got a message that read: "Pushing to recovery" but then the reflash didnt work and the unrevoked window closed out.

I have no idea what to do now.... can anyone help me please?
I am super new to this whole process so I'll need responders to be as low tech and step by step as possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Neptune79

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, looked like it worked after all- not sure exactly what I did but the unrevoked script finally worked and now my phone is rooted. awesome!