Huawei Ideos and ROMS

crispybbq

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if this thread should go somewhere else, someone move it if it should :\

So, as the title suggests, I own a Huawei U8150 Ideos, running Froyo as it did out of the box.
I'm not sure how to go about flashing ClockWorkMod (or similar) to it, or if it's possible to flash a Gingerbread ROM to it... Are there actually any 'stock' Gingerbread ROMs available?
I read something about Oxygen v2.0 or something, but haven't endeavoured too far, as I don't know how to flash to an Ideos. IIRC, ClockWorkMod or something to that effect, gives that kinda capability, but I can't find a variant that works with it. A ROM Manager app on the Market gives a list of models, but lo, nothing that looks promising, as the U8150 is nowhere near as popular as, say, a Nexus One.
Does anyone know what recovery flashers are compatible with this device? Or how to boot recovery mode? Hours of Googling yields nothing, due to misleading tags in posts on "The Android Phone". Buh.

cream_alexx

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I know how it feels. It's like the Huawei Ideos is not an android. I have tried everywhere but nothing, thus far.
I'm not giving up. I will find it, even it means me turning the world upside down.

skywalker993

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
That phone is zte blade. Governo to CyanogenMod site and there is everything houve need.

Correction: The ZTE Blade is a completely different phone from the Hauwei Ideos (also sold as the T-Mobile Comet). 10 seconds on google would have told you that--different hardware, software, and compatible upgrades.

Check out GSMarena

CarrierUnlock

Wireless Unlocking
Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm not sure if this thread should go somewhere else, someone move it if it should :\

So, as the title suggests, I own a Huawei U8150 Ideos, running Froyo as it did out of the box.
I'm not sure how to go about flashing ClockWorkMod (or similar) to it, or if it's possible to flash a Gingerbread ROM to it... Are there actually any 'stock' Gingerbread ROMs available?
I read something about Oxygen v2.0 or something, but haven't endeavoured too far, as I don't know how to flash to an Ideos. IIRC, ClockWorkMod or something to that effect, gives that kinda capability, but I can't find a variant that works with it. A ROM Manager app on the Market gives a list of models, but lo, nothing that looks promising, as the U8150 is nowhere near as popular as, say, a Nexus One.
Does anyone know what recovery flashers are compatible with this device? Or how to boot recovery mode? Hours of Googling yields nothing, due to misleading tags in posts on "The Android Phone". Buh.

Oops
Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk