1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which Phone brand is more known for its Hacking?

My upgrade is coming up soon and I was thinking about getting the Thunderbolt or Bionic. Which phone will be overall better choice to customize?
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS / Stock

They will both likely have good ROM support. What are you looking to do? If mostly roms and overclocking ect. you should be good with either. Won't really know for sure until they are released.
    Thanked by:

(In my opinion) If the thunderbolt is anything like the EVO - then I would more lean towards it.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'm new to the hacking world but I am very interested in learning to root. It will be my first smart phone and I would like to just do the basics: custom ROM, kernel, over clocking, and theme.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Is HTC more known to the hacking world?

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

The Bionic will likely have a locked bootloader, so you won't be able to do much in terms of custom ROMS and kernels. HTC is usually the hacker's favorite brand, since they were the easiest to hack up until recently.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Overall I like them both. On paper the bionic seems like it has better specs with dual core processor, hdmi connectivity, and 4g capabilities. I think If both phones were to have unlocked boot loaders consumers would flock to the bionic. I think I'm leaning towards the TB hoping it will have a unlock bootloader because I would love to have super access to my phone.

I would choose HTC. The newer Motorola have a looked bootloader, not sure about the bionic but it probably will.
    Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    6,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I've been pretty happy with HTC products so I'll be a bit biased and say go with HTC. I would think both will have good development communities; though the motorola phones may take more time to unlock.
    Thanked by:

I think you'll have to look for "google experience" phones, like the og droid. Motorola has apparently promised a google experience phone in the near future. (I'm hoping droid3)

Global Posts
    903 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB

This might not be related to the two choices but Samsung phones are particularly easy to hack

Global Posts
    1,197 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Not only will the Bionic probably have a locked bootloader but also has less RAM at 512MB compared to 768MB from the TBolt. However the Bionic has the dual-core advantage.

Default Re: Which Phone brand is more known for its Hacking?

Quote Originally Posted by Officerpolabear View Post
    This might not be related to the two choices but Samsung phones are particularly easy to hack
    Could u give me sum tips for hacking samsung?

Posted via Android Central App