[ADVICE] Need YOUR Skill

Pixcoder

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi !

What tech would you recommend me to use for an app :

- mobile multiplatform
- very simple interface
- in which the use can take a photo, write a message and send it to a back end.
In this back end, I could send an answer to that particular user, who'd receive it directly in the app.
- with in-app purchase available

That's all I need ! I myself was in favor of a Chrome web app (which supports in-app purchases, I don't know about taking a photograph ...), but is that wise ?

Thank you very much
:)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If it has to be multi-platform, it's going to have to be browser-based, since you can't write an app that runs in Windows, Android and iOS without change.

I can't think of a way you can't take a photograph with a web app, but you can upload any file to the server. So it would probably need user intervention - take the picture, run the browser and use your add-on to talk to the server and do the in-app purchase (do that on the server, of course).

TacoKingYo

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I don't believe you can do all of those, so I would just make separate apps for the platforms (very tedious but if done correctly can be very seamless in terms of user xp. With Microsoft's new conversion tool coming out soon you really only have to make the app for ios and Android)

Posted via my amazingly smexy Nexus 6 yo

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And since the environments are totally different, all updates have to be designed twice, written twice and you have to keep two bug lists, etc. It may be a little bit better for the user, but it's a LOT worse for the developer. Running one browser to connect to one site that's designed to be seamless isn't such a burden on the user.

Pixcoder

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your answers !

I've already written an Android game (TacoKingYo, you can check it with your Nexus 6, it's named Splash Painter, a 3D tactical game where you play with paint .. ).

Let's suppose I choose Android :
Would you have suggestions to develop client side message sending and receiving, with the corresponding back end ?
Is there any "brick" I can reuse for this ? (i've made the whole game above in Java and OpenGL, I would have loved to know Unity ot libgdx before ... )

Thank you !

TacoKingYo

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I have just downloaded the app, but it crashes while playing (opinion: very nice, a little laggy, maybe try to cut down on the background? Very unnecessary in a game this simple.... Also, directions are very unclear, and it is very difficult to control the pipe on the first level.....)
In terms of the app that this post is dedicated to...what are you trying to accomplish? A Snapchat-esque app?

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
You can always build an hybrid app (a web app with a native webview and that can use, through plugins, some native functions of your device).
If you are skilled in web development (HTML/Javascript), it will be quite easy.
An example of frameworks you can use is Cordova, or IonicFramework (which is, endeed, alway based on Cordova).
You will also find plugins that allow you to access the native camera (it is one of your requests).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power