Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

View Poll Results: Have you bricked or looped?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never on either

39 56.52%
  • Force close loop from Hell only

7 10.14%
  • Bricked Only (Black screen or stuck on any boot screen or error screen upon startup)

12 17.39%
  • Bricked and Force close loop from hell

7 10.14%
  • Bricked beyond recovery. Killed phone.

3 4.35%
  • Force close loop beyond recovery. Killed phone.

1 1.45%
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Poll: Have you bricked your phone?

So I bricked and recovered my phone for the first time today. This got me curious to how many of us have bricked our phones. I have also been in "The boot loop from hell" as well. So sound off, have you bricked?
    Last edited by cordoni; 02-12-2011 at 05:30 PM.
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

ROM
    Stock

And no, gunnermike, you can only vote once like everyone else!
    "Give it time. You will be assimilated, resistance is futile. You are only here to serve the green R2D2. posted by HKM"

If someone helps you find an answer, please Thank them with the button in their post.

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

I bricked the other day, so I called up Samsung and played dumb. Sent it in, got it fixed, and it's on its way back, all for free

ROM
    SFC 2.6 w/ VooDoo

Bricked Repeatedly and recovered Repeatedly.
    Bootlooped and recovered repeatedly.
    I love heimdall, odin, and clockwork recovery, as long as i can get it into download mode, it's fixable. These Galaxy S phones really are next to impossable to permabrick..

99% of the time the "brick" you referring to is simply a soft brick. A true hard brick is one that can't be recovered.

Boot loop is just a product of a bad flash. You didn't wipe before the flash, something in the ROM wasn't correct. The most important part to prevent boot loops is wiping the cache partition.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Quote Originally Posted by ls377 View Post
    I bricked the other day, so I called up Samsung and played dumb. Sent it in, got it fixed, and it's on its way back, all for free
    Are you sure it was really bricked? Droidxcon and I have recovered many of phones as of late.. Use Odin without your battery in the phone, works every time..
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Global Posts
    1,596 Global Posts
    ROM
    Teamhacksung's ICS

Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Are you sure it was really bricked? Droidxcon and I have recovered many of phones as of late.. Use Odin without your battery in the phone, works every time..
    Oh, it was BRICKED lol. If you flash a stock I9000 ROM, and Odin crashes, you lose download mode permanently. I spent like three hours finagling with my jig and all the battery/plug in combos you can find.

I think I've soft bricked every time I've used Odin. It was a bit scary the first time but now I accept it as a mild side effect

Sent from my Epic running CM7

yeah bricked my droid x and it fried my batt and wont charge oh i can get to bootloader with fresh batt but it wont show up on any pc ive plug'ed it in to also stuck at my custom boot logo. holding the power and home button bring it to the scree with blue lettering that say restore system restore , update from sd card ,portion wipe , ive done all i know i guess the clockwork recovery is gone . i even tried removing sd card out and used a card reader to put all the stock , update zip sbf file s and nothing so where do the dead droid go

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

I did on my first Optimus V. I killed the ROM and recovery.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

ROM
    Stock

Bump

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,727 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Often flashing tons of roms, I have had errors, sbf failures, bootloops, stuck at image, but never have I bricked my phone:-)

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

I bricked my old iPhone 3G when I first got it. (I didn't vote, btw) How did I brick it, you ask? I charged it via an extended USB cable. No joke. It just wouldn't turn on one morning -- and never did again. It was absurd. Needless to say, I used the short, stock Apple chargers from then on. Ugh!

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

I've rooted my phone and flashed 3 ROMs. I tried to update (yes, update!) My sister-in-laws Vibrant to the latest software using Mini-Keis and I completely bricked it. I had to send it to Samsung. I felt like such a ******.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

I've bricked mine several times, used to happen all the time if I would wipe the Dalvik Cache before flashing a new CM nightly. It hasn't happened for a while now though, so I'm happy.