Windows Mobile 7 on evo

bgpoppa92

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I love Android but there are two features that I would like to have. Netflix and xbox. Has anyone been able to successfully put windows mobile on an sd card so you can pick which os you want to, Boot either Android or Windows? Or does anyone know if the wm7 HD2 rom will work? Thanks for any help

Last edited:

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
It has NOT been done yet, and might never be done due to the fact that windows phone 7 isnt open sourced making it hard to develop any sort of rom for a different device.
This is besides the fact that it might be illegal to take a patented OS like that and stick it on a non-microsoft product.

Who knows, it might be done someday but as of right know i dont know of anyone working on it even.

Reactions: bgpoppa92

Atrixtwocore

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
It has NOT been done yet, and might never be done due to the fact that windows phone 7 isnt open sourced making it hard to develop any sort of rom for a different device.
This is besides the fact that it might be illegal to take a patented OS like that and stick it on a non-microsoft product.

Who knows, it might be done someday but as of right know i dont know of anyone working on it even.

Hackentosh people have been doing that for years.

lawalty

Oct 25, 2010
www.lloydwalty.com
I love Android but there are two features that I would like to have. Netflix and xbox. Has anyone been able to successfully put windows mobile on an sd card so you can pick which os you want to, Boot either Android or Windows? Or does anyone know if the wm7 HD2 rom will work? Thanks for any help

I know what you mean. I've been kicking Android for a while now (over a year now) and I always liked Windoz mobile. I know Netflix isn't ready yet for Android but as for Xbox try a little app called 'Spark 360'. And if just can't let go of the whole metro styled Windoz mobile OS, try the Android launcher 'Launch7' the developer is getting close to WM7 all with live tiles, and the animations as expected. You don't have to be rooted to use it either.
424412aa-f51f-61ef.jpg

I just hope the Netflix app gets working.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke