Are there ways to improve ranking position of my application?

sinhpn92

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
There are ways to improve ranking position of my application? I learned about the ASO and understand it as a way to optimize your application for searching the store (it could be the application name, description, screen shot, ...). But I think this is not enough to have a high ranking. So I need to do more to improve the ranking position of my application?

woknok

Jul 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: There are ways to improve ranking position of my application?

An important factor to get higher ranking is to have more downloads. So you have to do a little marketing for your app. Tell your friends and family to download and rate your app. Post a link on social networks. Place your app on the developer spotlight on this forum.

It will all help!

And having a good name / description helps a lot also indeed.

Mage Studio

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site

An important factor to get higher ranking is to have more downloads. So you have to do a little marketing for your app. Tell your friends and family to download and rate your app. Post a link on social networks. Place your app on the developer spotlight on this forum.

It will all help!

And having a good name / description helps a lot also indeed.

He is right, and especially with the name thing, I developed an app an named it ColorBlocks, but there are another 10 named the same, If I tell someone about my app, it might install someone else application, but make sure it's attractive

Inc Xoonity

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site

If possible, evaluate volume of competitors before dev.

Otherwise totaly agree with woknok

puned

Feb 1, 2016
Visit site

I found it helpful to use tools as Mobile Action or App Annie, you can use them for free. It shows the impact of changing title/store text, I've gained some visibility but I agree with the others, and believe that downloads and reviews will have highest impact.

OrangeCleaner

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Huge fan of app annie! I think it's also good to focus your marketing efforts and budget on some specific countries so you rank higher in those countries!

Evan_Parsons

May 6, 2016
Visit site

If possible, evaluate volume of competitors before dev.

Otherwise totaly agree with woknok

I agree completely. But at the same time the current users of a competing app might not be 100% happy with the app and might be actively looking for an alternative. I say this because I made an app after being unsatisfied with someone else's implementation.