Android dev-test market and new music player download links

clink

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

This is a link to a zip file that has both the new music player everyone is talking about, as well as the dev-test market.

A look at Android's 'Test Market' -- complete with a new Music app | Android Central

Be careful and be sure you have made a full system backup before doing anything with these. Depending on your system, you may be able to install as a normal app, or you may have to manually copy them to the system/app directory.

Enjoy

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I don't get it ... When is posting APKs or links to APKs allowed and not allowed?

If it's something that shouldn't be available for free, we're not going to allow it.
If it's something that the developer has contacted us about and asked us not to re-distribute, we're not going to allow it.

Example -- If Google asks us to remove these links, we will. Until then, they are fair game. If someone finds something in this market that's a pre-release version of a paid application, we're not going to allow it.

Reactions: solo1 and showson1

CrimsonXIII

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Do these apps need any GPU acceleration? Since I take it that these app were made for newer Android devices. My Tattoo has no GPU whatsoever, so I'm just asking.

Go Android!

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for another post, but on my Evo running CM7, it didn't replace the stock Camera and Music players. So I have two Camera and Music apps. How I do remove the stock ones?

trekkie1701c

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Noticed the same on an Optimus S running CM7. Music app did not get replaced; did not try the camera app.

Should be able to remove the originals with root explorer, can't remember where they're stored off the top of my head.

EDIT: Just got a message from lookout after I installed an app saying Market had been scanned... which means it had been updated. Checked versions, version I downloaded from here is 2.2.11, version I just got is 2.3.4. Didn't notice anything different in the time I was using it, but either something went wrong with my update of it, or if Google set an old version on it to keep people from using the leaked build for long? :p

Last edited:

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
When trying to install the vending apk file, ASTRO, informs me that the my version of the Market is newer (2.3.4) than the Vending.apk file (2.2.11) I downloaded from Megaupload.

Dan

bracemg

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I have an unrooted atrix. Looks like it won't install? On my OG droid there was an option to allow installation of apps from unknown sources, but I guess that doesn't exist on the atrix?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835