[SOLUTION] animated gifs in browser-webview offical google dev solution

generic.imitation

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
if you want to work around this with your own Android build, you'll need to modify C++ code, rebuild, and reflash your phone. You'll need to make two fixes to the released sources. 1) edit the function should_use_animated_gif() in external/webkit/WebCore/platform/graphics/android/ImageSourceAndroid.cpp (around line 217). Return true to animate gifs 2) Change setRGBA() in /WebCore/platform/image-decoders/ImageDecoder.h (around line 173) to call*dest = SkPackARGB32(a, r, g, b) *dest = SkPackARGB32(a, r, g, b) instead of instead of*dest = (a << 24 | r << 16 | g << 8 | b) With these changes, gifs will animated correctly on large memory devices like Droid and Nexus One There's no code path for animating gifs in arbitrary applications like Gallery, except by rewriting it to host a WebView modded as described above

This information was posted at hxxp://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3422
Just change the xx to tt in url. Post count is low. I just wanted this news to get to as many devs as possible. I'm excited :)

If any of you devs can put this in a rom for the droid I would be soooooo greatful. I've been hounding the devs for the last 5-6 months over this issue. Just glad we got a good response from the google devs.