How to load podcast onto Sony Smartwatch 3?

A

AC Question

Hi, I want to put podcasts onto my sony smartwatch 3 for when I am running. how can i do this?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sony Smartwatch 3 - podcasts

Hi, I want to put podcasts onto my sony smartwatch 3 for when I am running. how can i do this?
I'm pretty sure you can't load podcasts onto the watch itself. Instead, you will have the ability to control the podcast with the watch while the device stays in your pocket or strapped to your arm, or wherever you keep the phone while exercising.

Rolleroo

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Try WearMedia on the play store. It's a bit convoluted but the built in player seems to work well and it doesn't interfere with my running app.

fleeper

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for a good solution for this also. I have done the music transfer using google play music and they are suppose to be adding podcast support for Play Music and when that is added maybe we can use that to transfer podcasts. I wish there was a method to do this already.

nuevo1000

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello, this is my first comment here, I am not an expert and this is not my native tongue.
I had the same problem for a long time and finally could find a homemade solution.
To sum up, you need to have an app to browse your device's files so that you can move the mp3 to the folder that your player app is using.
The podcasts' app I use is 'ivoox', and the files browser app I use is 'File Manager'. My player is 'google music'.
If you open ivoox and go to settings you can see the route where podcasts are being downloaded. Note it and then go to such route by using 'File Manager' and once there cut the mp3 file and paste it in the folder where your music player is storing the files. In my device, google music player uses this route: storage\emulated\0\Music, I think is the same route for all devices.
Now you can find your podcast in Google Player Music and syncronize it as usual to your SonySmartWatch 3.
I hope you can fully enjoy your SW3 now when running!