Sony Smartwatch 3 Watchband Adapter Available

cbyrne24

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

I found this designer who made an adapter for the watchband and it's available on Shapeways for $12. He just got the first test print back from them and made some small adjustments, so it's still technically in the beta phase.

Google Shapeways Sony Smartwatch 3 adapter and it should be the 1st link.

If you need pictures of the latest print, it will be the 3rd link from the xda-developers forum. Page 7

It is missing a button on the side, but do you really use it anyways? I ordered mine and it will take about 2 weeks to get.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Watchband Adapter Available

I've purchased from shapeways before... Had no issues with them in the past.

I believe this is the link your talking about... http://www.shapeways.com/product/DPJ3JC5AF/sony-smartwatch-3-adapter

c59cf352915d9f0e5c5b77a25274108b.jpg

Be sure to post back up when you get it and let us know what you think! I may be interested in this thing as well!

Thanks for the info!

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

This is amazing! Thank you for this!

If I order now, will it be the updated version, or the first test from the printer?

So... I don't even have my SW3 yet (but the tracking number says it should be delivered today!), so I have a naive question: what does the button on the side do? Are we really missing out on anything by not having access to it?

Thanks!

(Side question: does anyone have any watchband recommendations?)

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

NOTE THIS PROMO CODE!

T45TN - Free Shipping on first order from Shapeways

I just checked from Canada and the promo code works. Now I'm tempted to order 2 (or more) colours at once, save on the shipping!

cbyrne24

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site

It will likely be from the original test print, but I talked to the designer on another forum and he mentioned that it holds the watch just fine, but that he was tightening up the tolerances on it just to make it look a little cleaner, like eliminating the gap a bit between the watch and holder. They are 24mm pins/watchband that this is designed for he told me as well.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

It will likely be from the original test print, but I talked to the designer on another forum and he mentioned that it holds the watch just fine, but that he was tightening up the tolerances on it just to make it look a little cleaner, like eliminating the gap a bit between the watch and holder. They are 24mm pins/watchband that this is designed for he told me as well.

I'm planning to wait until we get feedback from the new measurements. As soon as it's confirmed to be a snug fit, I'm ordering at LEAST the "polished metal" and maybe another colour as well. (I figure I may buy 2 at the same time and save on shipping using the promo code I posted above)

625x465_3791954_12210272_1443361767.jpg

To go with that, I'm debating between 2 straps, from Nato Straps.

The_Pacific_3-Ring_Zulu_with_Matte_Hardware_a61508bf-e738-4f8b-a852-edaaf03b54b9_1024x1024.jpg
The Pacific 3-Ring Zulu Strap w/ Matte Hardware (Stitched) 24mm

pacificpolish_5cb462b2-c256-4282-ba78-58392a339ebd_1024x1024.jpg
http://natostrapsco.com/collections...cts/the-pacific-nato-w-polished-hardware-24mm

There are a few other straps I like, and I may even decide to do something drastically different by the time I buy, haha.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech