How do I get Android alarms on my watch

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

First post, and quite a big problem for me.

I kind of rely on my watch to not miss things [very very bad memory]. My last watch [an LG G watch] automatically allowed me to see and cancel alarms from the watch, but the SW50 [Smartwatch 3] doesn't, and I'm not sure how to get it l all working properly.

Any thoughts on how to get alarms on my watch would be very welcome. Alerts for everything else seem to work fine, is there something I'm missing here?

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
There is an alarm app (at least on AW1.3/5.1.1 (LCA43 or something)), but its fairly lacklustre.

Posted via the Android Central App

BobLad

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Just swipe to the left and scroll down to "alarm." You can set the time, day of the week, repeat, etc. The next time you swipe to the left, "alarm" will be on top since the watch places your most used items on top.

barry1964

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Just swipe to the left and scroll down to "alarm." You can set the time, day of the week, repeat, etc. The next time you swipe to the left, "alarm" will be on top since the watch places your most used items on top.
I know that I can set an alarm on my SW50, but on my LG G watch I would actually get all the phone alarms. I could turn the alarm off from the watch. On my SW50 zilch! I don't even get notified if an alarm goes off! I mean that's a pretty important omission wouldn't you say?

BobLad

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I don't know why you don't get notified. Do you have something turned off? On my SW3, I get a strong vibration and the screen shows an alarm and shows "shut off" or "sleep." There's no way I'm missing it.

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Just got a Sony SW3 today. After setting it up and using "ok google" voice commands to the watch.....I told it to set an alarm to go off in 2 minutes. I did not hear my phone make a sound or notification....nor my watch vibrate. But the watch did display the two colored blue screen where you would be qued to snooze dismiss or what ever....but that quickly went off and screen timed out.

Then I selected the alarm function from the app or function list and set the alarm manually via the watch UI. The watch vibrated and qued the turn on/off snooze screen and functioned normally.

My question is...will the watch be able to take voice commands to have the phone do the ringing sound or vibrate/send notification que?

This was one voice integration that worked well while using my band 1 and Icon running Win 8.1. I would like to be able to have greater
voice commands to watch...then have the phone do more stuff without me needing to see or touch it. Like write and send emails. I tried to
do a voice to watch email.....got the phone to open up the gmail app then the watch asked for whom on my list to send to...i said the name and it recognized it and then said "there is no new email for xxx" . It wouldn't let me dictate and send an email.

Sorry if I derailed there....

BobLad

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Whether I set an alarm on the watch by voice or menu, the result is the same. I get a long vibration (I'm using "Feel the Wear"), and the screen stays on until I dismiss or snooze. My screen does not shut off quickly when I get an alarm. Nothing happens on the phone. If I set an alarm on the phone, all I get on the watch is a vibration. I assume you have the latest updates to the watch and to Android Wear.

With regard to having the screen on all the time or not, if I do settings, always on, off, I don't see anything when the screen blanks off. If I do always on, on, I see the unlit screen after the screen blanks off. Do a factory reset (if not done already) and try this again.It should work just like you think it should.

Last edited:

Rich215

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I ended up sending my watch back as it had a hardware problem. Screen would come on if you touched it...lightly even.
Even with the wrist gesture turned off....it would still do this with a touch or quick wrist motion.

Seems like the digitizer would not turn off when the screen went off. At first I thought this watch had a tap to wake function.....then after turning off the wrist gestures and always on settings......the watch did this. Not sure if this is a common issue?

Im bummed cause I really like this watch compared to the others I have tried. I need some water protection and this watch is the only one it seems that has much. I also like how comfortable it is....some of the other watches are big and bulky feeling. The Sony 3 fits well as I did not have problems catching on sleeves and things like that. Hope they come out with a new design this year.

BobLad

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm sorry you didn't get a fully functioning watch. After all this time, I still think the SW3 is the best watch. Rumor has it the SW4 will be basically the same but with NFC. Being able to make a payment without taking wallet or phone out of your pocket sounds drool-worthy to me.

stealthpaws

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
I just got the SW3 to use with my S7 edge. It has had it's share of issues, I must say. Took 11 tries to get it set up, which only worked when I hunted down an older version of AW. Then a lot of clearing caches, installs & uninstalls, & restarts. I finally got text msg notifications using a 3rd party app, which also allows for reply from the watch. The native programming refused to work. A cpl things still don't work though, one of which is the wrist gesture (I can't get it off either) and another, the SUPER sensitive touch screen which wakes it immediately. My cats are constantly nosing it & turning it on...lol. There's something called "Activate watch"...I have no idea what it does, but it doesn't do it. It updates nearly every day, telling me to "charge to update to _____". Overall I love it, but not sure if the wrist thing & constant upgrades are affecting battery life.

Oops...I forgot why I came to this thread..alarm does nothing on my watch. Phone goes off, but watch apparently sleeps through.

Last edited:

BobLad

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Try using "Feel the Wear." It enables vibrations on the watch when there's an alarm on the phone. This app also allows you to use different patterns to tell you why your watch is vibrating. I find this app useful but almost hesitate to recommend it. It is hardly intuitive. You have to have just the right settings to make it do what you want. Be patient - you'll figure it out eventually! You don't need the premium features to make the watch vibrate on an alarm from the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12