SW3 vs Moto 360 Sport

smileman

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I haven't used the SW3 but I've been using the Moto 360 Sport for the past week and it's mixed bag. HR monitor seems to work reasonably well, and I like the Moto running app and Moto Body. Battery life, which many people complained about, has also been fine for me.

The main problem for me with the Moto Sport is the music cutting out regularly when I run (using Plantronics BackBeat Fit headphones). Lots of other people have had this problem as well. I've tried it on both wrists and that only partially helped. That's one of the killer features of Android Wear for me, otherwise I would just get a Garmin.

So hoping the music will work better for me with the SW3. I have an Xperia Z5 Compact and use the Sony music app so I figure syncing between the SW3 and the Z5 should work well.

My only question on music is since I mostly have FLAC songs on my Z5, and I only want MP3s on the my smartwatch, is there any way to easily transcode the songs as they transfer over from the Z5 to the SW3?

Thanks.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I'll throw in a third option: the LG watch Urbane 2 LTE. Have been using it to track my runs in stand-alone mide since November. I lose about 17% battery per hour with Endomondo tracking and music playing over BT. No issues of music cutting out, plus it has cellular functionality which you can use or can ignore.

Sony should also release the SW4 soon, which may have LTE as well, so if I were in the market RIGHT NOW, I may wait, or just get the LG, because the LG is phenomenal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800