Sony Smartwatches - WatchIt! versus ???

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I had the MN2 , and now the SW2. when I connected the SW2 to my phone it automatically started off with the apps that were already installed. I had WatchIt! installed, and it works well. Is there any advantage to using the Sony email app, instead of WatchIt! ?

Last edited:

Queueyou

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sont Smartwatches - WatchIt! versus ???

Watchit is good for "any" notification. Otherwise, I like using the email app itself. I found the configuration of watchit to actually go FAR beyond what I needed. I highly enjoy options like watchit has, but for my purposes, I only needed an app to handle IMs that weren't coming through the normal IM app. I have since replaced watchit with "IM Notifications for SW"

At this point, I'm happy with the apps as they are. The events app lets me know about emails and if it's worth pulling out the phone, and the new IM app lets me see messages from non-standard IM programs and even clears the notification off my phone (optional). I have used the gmail app for the watch, but found I couldn't clear them off after I was done like you could the events / watchit. I've since removed the watchit app and the gmail app off my watch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar