Sony Smartwatch 2 (SW2) causes interference with my bluetooth voice connection in my car!

radman202

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that I get garbling of voices when talking on bluetooth in my car when wearing my sony smartwatch! Has anyone else noticed this? Is there any fix?

Appears to occur whenever the phone is transmitting to the watch.. which is constant when I receive a call... (because the caller's number is displayed on the screen).

This defeats the purpose of the watch if I have to have it off when I am in the car!

Last edited:

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Note 3 ATT
Well, that phone should have the horsepower.

Interesting now that I think about it. Last week I took a week long motorcycle trip. I have my S4 mounted on a bracket on my handlebar and use it for navigation. I have a bluetooth stereo headset in my helmet. I recall that the audio was coming through with 'clicks' in it, or broken up if you will. I thought it odd, but didn't use it enough to look into it. I'll do some investigating on my next trip to see if it is related.

shawnh77

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
try going into the BT connection properties on the phone for the watch and make sure it is not set for audio. I've seen that resolve some other similar issues.

radman202

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I looked. Interestingly, unlike all the other connections, it doesn't have check boxes for phone and audio. Just shows the option to pair. good idea though.

Kok Wei Koh

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

Kok Wei Koh

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I gave up and sent it back... after spending lots of dollars on apps and a nice band... very very annoying.

I'm surprised how ignorant or incapable of Sony in managing this issue after so many similar postings on various forums.

I wonder if anyone has brought this up to Sony and follow up aggressively.

Ru Black

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm having a similar issue with my moto 360 and kie motorbike headset, something that doesn't happen with my flip speakers so in my case at least its the kie headset and its unlistenable nor will it let the watch connect till its turned off, so for the moment I have to remember to turn my watch off. Although on the bike I've yet to find a useful app so no biggie.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay