1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Sony Smartwatch 2 (SW2) causes interference with my bluetooth voice connection in my car!

I have noticed that I get garbling of voices when talking on bluetooth in my car when wearing my sony smartwatch! Has anyone else noticed this? Is there any fix?

Appears to occur whenever the phone is transmitting to the watch.. which is constant when I receive a call... (because the caller's number is displayed on the screen).

This defeats the purpose of the watch if I have to have it off when I am in the car!
    Last edited by radman202; 11-04-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Global Posts
    757 Global Posts

Default Re: Sony Smartwatch 2 (SW2) causes interference with my bluetooth voice connection in my car!

What phone do you have?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Sony Smartwatch 2 (SW2) causes interference with my bluetooth voice connection in my car!

Note 3 ATT

Global Posts
    757 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by radman202 View Post
    Note 3 ATT
    Well, that phone should have the horsepower.

Interesting now that I think about it. Last week I took a week long motorcycle trip. I have my S4 mounted on a bracket on my handlebar and use it for navigation. I have a bluetooth stereo headset in my helmet. I recall that the audio was coming through with 'clicks' in it, or broken up if you will. I thought it odd, but didn't use it enough to look into it. I'll do some investigating on my next trip to see if it is related.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

try going into the BT connection properties on the phone for the watch and make sure it is not set for audio. I've seen that resolve some other similar issues.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Thanks. I looked. Interestingly, unlike all the other connections, it doesn't have check boxes for phone and audio. Just shows the option to pair. good idea though.

Thanks. I looked. Interestingly, unlike all the other connections, it doesn't have check boxes for phone and audio. Just shows the option to pair. good idea though.
    There's a similar discussion over at xda seems no solution yet. I've the sw2 with the Nexus 5 and BT on the Lexus CT 200h and I'm having similar garbled voice issues.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I gave up and sent it back... after spending lots of dollars on apps and a nice band... very very annoying.

I gave up and sent it back... after spending lots of dollars on apps and a nice band... very very annoying.
    I'm surprised how ignorant or incapable of Sony in managing this issue after so many similar postings on various forums.

I wonder if anyone has brought this up to Sony and follow up aggressively.