Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Gekko
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    aitt's Avatar

    Posts
    583 Posts
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts

    Default Too late buying a SW2

    I bought one yesterday cause I couldn't resist how nice it looks. I like it over the Toq I have. Not sure I'll keep. This close to Android Wear and the 360 and rumors of SW3 this could become dead in the water not so much from Sony support but from Developers. Thoughts?

    Posted via Android Central App
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Too late buying a SW2

    Quote Originally Posted by aitt View Post
    I bought one yesterday cause I couldn't resist how nice it looks. I like it over the Toq I have. Not sure I'll keep. This close to Android Wear and the 360 and rumors of SW3 this could become dead in the water not so much from Sony support but from Developers. Thoughts?

    Posted via Android Central App
    open and free always beats closed and proprietary. i'd return it asap and go Android Wear if you want a smartwatch.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    aitt's Avatar

    Posts
    583 Posts
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    open and free always beats closed and proprietary. i'd return it asap and go Android Wear if you want a smartwatch.
    Yeah I already thought of that. For the most part it does what I want out of a smartwatch. But I can see where it shortcomings will be when Google gets to adding Google wallet if the watch supports nfc. I have a feeling Sony will wise up and create a wear. This watch is the best built I have seen besides the 360. I have a couple of days to play with it. It's gonna be hard getting the 360 on initial release.

    Posted via Android Central App
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Too late buying a SW2

    Quote Originally Posted by aitt View Post
    Yeah I already thought of that. For the most part it does what I want out of a smartwatch. But I can see where it shortcomings will be when Google gets to adding Google wallet if the watch supports nfc. I have a feeling Sony will wise up and create a wear. This watch is the best built I have seen besides the 360. I have a couple of days to play with it. It's gonna be hard getting the 360 on initial release.

    Posted via Android Central App
    go where the users go because that's where developers go.
    aitt likes this.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Too late buying a SW2

    Did you decide to move over to Android Wear in the end?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    aitt's Avatar

    Posts
    583 Posts
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts

    Default Re: Too late buying a SW2

    Quote Originally Posted by Marv701 View Post
    Did you decide to move over to Android Wear in the end?
    I used Android Wear and then got the Gear S. Never looked backed.

    Posted via the Android Central App
  7. #7  
    MeronApps's Avatar

    Posts
    11 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

    Default Re: Too late buying a SW2

    Two are different worlds. SW2 is much limited, but what it does, it does very well.

    I had one during more than a year and sometimes I feel it was more useful than current Android wear devices.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-17-2014, 10:51 PM
  2. Too many swipes to get to desired app?
    By Sammuel1973 in forum Android Wear
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-12-2014, 08:27 PM
  3. Buying Xperia Z2 in the US
    By Acaleth in forum Sony Xperia Z2
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 08:16 PM
  4. Is this a good time to buy the Motorola X ?
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 05:44 PM
  5. LG G Watch Available in U.S Retailers Amazon, Best Buy
    By TizenGears in forum Android Wear
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-08-2014, 02:24 PM

Posting Permissions