How do I repair corrupted sd card on my Sony Xperia m2

A

AC Question

After foolishly thinking/confident,i put my sd card off my Sony Xperia m2, into a 'multi card reader '..sdhc support, to look at through my android tv box (fully loaded and jail broke)..returned it to my phone, only to find out its 'damaged and corrupted).... PLEASE HELP! Tia.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi & Welcome to Android Central!!

What error are you getting, specifically?

You "may" be able to format it by going into settings>storage and see if it will let you format. If you wish to save personal files, perhaps insert it into a compatible PC or Mac, and see if you're able to view the files...and or be able to format it that way!

Hope this helps, please let us know! Also keep checking back, as someone with more knowledge may peek in. Don't forget to register with us, its free & easy!

Chris

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Before you removed the card from the phone, did you Unmount it first (in the Settings>Storage) menu? Removing a card without unmounting it can increase the risk of data corruption. The same goes for removing it from the computer--if you removed the card without Ejecting it, the same thing can happen.

Insert the card into your computer again--can it be read? If so, back up all of the data now to the computer hard drive. Then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marc Nepturn