Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Put battery in the Wrong way , now Mobile wont turn on !

Hi there , I have an xperia play and recently Put in the battery the wrong way round. This Happened when i spilled water on the battery itself (not on the mobile , the battery was out) and i took the sticker off and dried the battery out and left it to set. Not thinking it would make any difference , I slit the Battery back into the little Plastic rim that holds the battery and slid it into my Phone only to discover that my Phone would not work ! I panicked and pulled the battery out again , and took it out of the plastic rim and flipped it back around , thinking maybe it worked the same way as regular batteries where if you put them in wrongly they wont work. I flipped the battery , put it back into the plastic holder and put it back into my mobile. Now my mobile wont turn on at all !

I tried changing the battery yes before you ask , My Girlfriend has the exact same phone as me (Xperia play) and i asked to use her Fully charged battery , It wouldn't turn on. I Than tried plugging it into the wall with the power charger , The only difference that this made was that , the phone's power button was flashing red (like it would normaly to indicate that the phone is ch even arging) However it still would not go on.

I Have taken apart the Mobile several times before to repair the screen , LCD , and even the ribbon cable ! I have changed and repaired this phone (as well as my gf's phone) a few times before so i know how to take it apart if it comes to it.

Please somone help me i am really worried i may have ****ed up my Mobile , i really dont want to lose it - it has a certain sentimental value to it to me . so please help and tell me what i have done wrong and if there is any way to fix it.

I am worried i may have fried the board , and if i did , is there any way to fix it ?

Thanks
    - Dark

Global Posts
    2,204 Global Posts
    ROM
    MoDaCo Switch Beta 8

Default Re: Put battery in the Wrong way , now Mobile wont turn on !

I'm thinking this has a lot less to do with the battery direction and more to do with the water. If your device isn't working even with another battery, it's possible the battery discharged into your device. Board replacement is an option, as you said. You'll have to buy a cracked screen or other damaged device and swap the boards.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Put battery in the Wrong way , now Mobile wont turn on !

That seems a bit strange do because i made sure to dry it very well ! i must have left the battery to dry down for about 2 hours before i did anything.

would it be normal for the motherboard to discharge even do the battery is flipped ? Or is it soppose to withstand such a thing ?

- - - Updated - - -

That seems a bit strange do because i made sure to dry it very well ! i must have left the battery to dry down for about 2 hours before i did anything.

would it be normal for the motherboard to discharge even do the battery is flipped ? Or is it soppose to withstand such a thing ?