Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Viber is not working

Good morning, I have a Padfone2 and installed Viber apparent that works perfectly, however when I try to call my microphone does not work. no solution to my problem? thank you..

hi, i have had viber for almost a year and never had any problems, untill now...when i try to open viber the screen goes black and then a thing pops up and says force close or report. i have uninstalled it and re installed it over and over again...i have also rebooted my phone. please help!! and my phone is a samsung galaxy ace GT-S5830i thank you!!

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Hi,

@Brigantino -

Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Knowledgebase
    We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.

@cassielizee -

Hi,
    1. Are you running a Custom ROM on your device?
    2. Have you made sure you have the latest version of Viber installed?
    A member of the Viber R&D Team (Viber app.)
    Thanked by:

good day, today my Padfone did a firmware upgrade and the problem was solved, thanks
    Thanked by:
    Viber 

Thumbs down Re: Viber is not working

If you are in ksa so it won't work

halo
    pls i need help i av Galaxy s3 and i cant not download viber when i click it shows ERROR 501 what can i do to download it?

pls i need help i av Galaxy s3 and i cant not download viber when i click it shows ERROR 501 what can i do to download it

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bibilicious View Post
    pls i need help i av Galaxy s3 and i cant not download viber when i click it shows ERROR 501 what can i do to download it
    Hi,

What country are you located in? Which cellular network?
    Also, did you try downloading Viber from the direct link in our HelpDesk?

Here's the link: Can't download from Android market...

It says invalid code

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Eeca View Post
    It says invalid code
    Hi,

Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options).

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

Hi, I have issues on Samsung Galaxy s3 mini. I had downloaded viber and it worked perfectly. Later I had issues with my phone and I had to uninstall all the apps. Now I want to download Viber again. I download it perfectly but when I try to set it up, it suddenly stops and the message appears: Unfortunately, viber has stopped. Could you help me with solving this problem? Thank you in advance.

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tutituti123 View Post
    Hi, I have issues on Samsung Galaxy s3 mini. I had downloaded viber and it worked perfectly. Later I had issues with my phone and I had to uninstall all the apps. Now I want to download Viber again. I download it perfectly but when I try to set it up, it suddenly stops and the message appears: Unfortunately, viber has stopped. Could you help me with solving this problem? Thank you in advance.
    Hi,

We would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance

I have a problem with messages. I message a friend in the US. At times it all works find and we can have a real time text chat. At other times the messages lag. So you could send a message and it shows 'sending' or 'sent' for ages but not 'delivered'. This is happening at both ends which makes me think the problem lies with viber. Last night it took 20 mins for a msg to be delivered. If it just said sent but by their replies I knew it had been received I wouldn't be bothered. But that's not the case.

It happens both over the mobile network and broadband. It is getting so bad we are considering moving to another app. We don't want to as we like viber but I hope you see our problem and have a solution. Or does viber just get overloaded at times and this is a symptom?

Oh and I can't connect to your help pages for some reason

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

@ntfc2 -

Please make sure that this is not a network related issue, by switching (both you and your contact) between a few different high-speed WiFi networks. Check if the problem occurs when testing Viber on all of them.

About our Support Site - it is currently temporarily down. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience, and we hope to bring it back up as soon as possible.

Thanks for your reply.

So is this likely to be a network issue rather than viber just being overloaded or clunky at certain times of day? My last message, sent over a mobile network (3 in the UK) with the H+ icon displayed, took 7 minutes to show as "delivered".

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ntfc2 View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

So is this likely to be a network issue rather than viber just being overloaded or clunky at certain times of day? My last message, sent over a mobile network (3 in the UK) with the H+ icon displayed, took 7 minutes to show as "delivered".
    Bad network is a POSSIBLE cause for the problem.
    As we said, in order to determine if this is the case, a test on a few different WiFi networks is important. Remember that also the destination contact's network is "responsible" for whether or not the message is delivered to them or not.

Thanks. It turns out that my friend thought they were connected via wi-fi but they weren't. I talked them through setting it up and bingo. We went from loads of delays in send/receive whilst I was explaining what to do, to almost instantaneous send/receive after the wi-fi was enabled.

So it looks like the problem has been resolved. Thankyou for steering me in the direction of the solution
    Viber likes this.

hello

i have recently bought Note 2 and sold out my S2 .. but some how i forgot to delete my viber from S2 ..My viber is working properly on my new Note 2 with my phone number. Is it possible for the person who bought my S2 to receive my messages on Viber as well parallely or not if he hasn't reset my S2 till now kindly help

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dinesh Anand View Post
    hello

i have recently bought Note 2 and sold out my S2 .. but some how i forgot to delete my viber from S2 ..My viber is working properly on my new Note 2 with my phone number. Is it possible for the person who bought my S2 to receive my messages on Viber as well parallely or not if he hasn't reset my S2 till now kindly help
    If your new device has the same phone number as your old device (in other words, if you registered to Viber in your new Note 2 with the same phone number as your old S2), then the old account (on the S2) was immediately deactivated, and that person will not be able to access your Viber account at all.
    Thanked by:

Same problem here am using sfr startrail android phone, up to two days ago no problems then blocking and black screen with message "application not responding"
    deleted viber and reinstalled latest version nows will not send activation code, or call with code! says does not recognize my number??? so can not complete installation help please????

same problem black screen etc ,so uninstalled and downloaded latest version , i get to the activation code and get no sms and no call, just get the message viber does not recognize my number help please ????

Can you help me to use viber ?? because i always reboot and uninstall/ install viber, and then when i open viber it always force close or black screen on my motorola milestone XT720.

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts

@pepe1302 -

Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options).

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

@Justin Cleto -

We would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance

Hi i am with tmobile uk..iv installed viber on my phone htc wildfire s..but ir works via wifi bt not on through mobile network..my freind has same mobile network as me bt her viber is working fine..iv reinstalled viber bt i just cant access without wifi..can sum1 pls help as i use viber alot thanx
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast