Sony Xperia Series - Viber is not working

DulGantulga

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Re: Viber is not working

hello~ :) my father uses samsung galaxy s2 and i use samsung galaxy gio. my father has just downloaded viber, but apparently it's not working, saying it crashed. i use the 2.2.3 version, and he has the latest version. any idea what's wrong? :D :(

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

hello~ :) my father uses samsung galaxy s2 and i use samsung galaxy gio. my father has just downloaded viber, but apparently it's not working, saying it crashed. i use the 2.2.3 version, and he has the latest version. any idea what's wrong? :D :(

Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Is your Android supported with Viber (system requirements)?
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.

dimoko0o

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

i had viber on my e72 nokia but then i've delete now i want to install it again through smart installer ...it says to continue this installation later , select this icon in your app menu
and then nothing happen :/

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

i had viber on my e72 nokia but then i've delete now i want to install it again through smart installer ...it says to continue this installation later , select this icon in your app menu
and then nothing happen :/

Unfortunately we (Viber) cannot provide support when installing Viber with a third-party service like smart installer. We recommend that you contact Nokia support.

Vaughan Dark

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy ace 2 mobile phone which I have downloaded the Viber app on to and all is good!!. My problem is I have now just brought a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 and also downloaded the Viber app but cannot seem to get it to work??? When I try to set Viber up on my tablet, I lose Viber and the settings on my mobile phone???? Is it possible to use Viber on my phone and tablet, if so how do I set it up please??? Cheers

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy ace 2 mobile phone which I have downloaded the Viber app on to and all is good!!. My problem is I have now just brought a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 and also downloaded the Viber app but cannot seem to get it to work??? When I try to set Viber up on my tablet, I lose Viber and the settings on my mobile phone???? Is it possible to use Viber on my phone and tablet, if so how do I set it up please??? Cheers

At this stage, one Viber number can be assigned with only one device simultaneously. When you try registering to Viber with the same number on a second device, the first device immediately deactivates, and its data (message history, Recents, etc.) is deleted.

What you can do, however, is register your second device with a different number: your home number, an old cellphone number, family's or friends.
In future versions we are planning to add an option to register Viber on multiple devices. Once we have news on that, we'll let you know :)

Brad Moses

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

So....I have Viber 2.3.6 installed on my Samsung GS3 and love it!!! I am a deployed military member, and I use this service on my phone over WIFI only to keep in touch with my family back home...it is a lifesaver!
My issue is that if someone sends me a picture using the app, I can see the thumbnail, but when I open it it is just a black screen with the share button on the lower left, the info of when it was received in the lower middle, and the trash can in the lower right. Is there a known fix?

eyes90

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I have recently deactivate my viber now I want to activate it again using the same number .. is it possible? I did download the app but it just wouldn't send me a confirmation code via sms or call... what can I do? Why isn't it sending me a code .. please help...:(

eyes90

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I have recently deactivate my viber now I want to activate it again using the same number.. I have tried downloading the app but it wouldnt send me a confimation code via sms or call.. why is that?

eyes90

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Hi I have recently deactivate d my viber account but now I want to actiavte it again using the same number... how can I actiavte it? Is it possible that we can use the same number? Please help

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@Brad Moses -
Does the problem persist on our brand new 3.0 version?

@eyes90 -
Yes, it is possible. Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options).

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

S Menon

May 9, 2013
Visit site

Hi, does viber have a problem in India? Ever since, I installed updates on my Viber it has been giving me problems. I removed the application and reinstalled it, but didn't get any verification sms/calls, I tried with other numbers too but it didn't result in anything. I have installed viber on my desktop too, but I haven't received codes for that too.

Jesica8383

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Hi,i have Alcatel One Touch 890 with installed new version Viber 3.0,but i cant run it.When I click Viber,my screen turn into black.I tried uninstalling and reinstalling,and nothing happens.Please help!

samr251

May 17, 2013
Visit site

Hi ,
I did not hear clear voice on my Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos while I call from viber or any body call me from viber, they hears my voice clearly . When I call some short of chunk voice here on few second, after that stop hears any voice.
I already re-install this app.

Please suggest us what should I do for ratifying it?
Regards
Sam

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@S Menon -

About the inability to receive code:
Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options).

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

* By the way, what device are you using?

@Jesica8383 and @samr251 -

Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Is your Android supported with Viber (system requirements)?
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.

tuber0

May 17, 2013
Visit site

Hi Viber - I am using HTC One. Almost all the time, the screen turns blank or not blank but the buttons are not responding when I am calling someone in viber. It will turn back to normal after the call.

samr251

May 17, 2013
Visit site

@Viber,
I have installed Viber 3.01 on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos jellybean 4.1.2 but unable hear voice during call only text message working properly.

Atishay Goyal

May 18, 2013
Visit site

Hi, I have updated to latest viber version as of now. I have Samsung GT-i5510 clearly listed in your compatible phones list. The app crashes on the initial start screen itself. It was working fine before the update which was quite old version i.e. before video calling. My android version is initial factory installed 2.2 Is there anyway I can revert back or make it work without loosing chat history?

Also I tried installing desktop version, but I am unable to receive SMS on my phone. Is there any other alternative to connect accounts?

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@tuber0 & Atishay Goyal -

Thank you for the report of the problem.

We kindly ask that you take a minute and report the details of the problem to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

@samr251 -

poetofdreams

May 20, 2013
Visit site

Hello,

I cannot make Viber run the whole time on my data plan on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I can access the Internet using my HSPDA connection. I can only make it work when I am using Wi-Fi. I am using Viber 3.0.1. I have uninstalled and reinstalled or updated the application but it does not work outside of Wi-Fi. I am using a Globe Telecoms postpaid plan. Can you help? My girlfriend who uses an iPhone 4s can use Viber the whole time. Is there is solution to this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12