Sony Xperia Series - Viber is not working

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Viber is not working

Hello,

I cannot make Viber run the whole time on my data plan on the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. I can access the Internet using my HSPDA connection. I can only make it work when I am using Wi-Fi. I am using Viber 3.0.1. I have uninstalled and reinstalled or updated the application but it does not work outside of Wi-Fi. I am using a Globe Telecoms postpaid plan. Can you help? My girlfriend who uses an iPhone 4s can use Viber the whole time. Is there is solution to this?

Hi,

Some mobile operators across the world block Viber on their 3G network. Usually this happens when users have a "simple" data plan (or a prepaid contract), meaning they didn't pay extra for using VoIP on their 3G network.

In order to verify this, we recommend to contact your cell company and confirm this with them.

Bine Sadler

May 22, 2013
Visit site

I have just got a Samsung s4 and it is doing the same, loads up and then screen goes black and a message stating viber has stopped.
I had it on my old phone.....Samsung ace and it worked fine, and my number has not changed. HELP

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

I have just got a Samsung s4 and it is doing the same, loads up and then screen goes black and a message stating viber has stopped.
I had it on my old phone.....Samsung ace and it worked fine, and my number has not changed. HELP

Hi there,

Thank you for the report of the problem.

We kindly ask that you take a minute and report the details of the problem to our support team using this direct link: Your ticket details (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

Kavindu Wijesuriya

May 23, 2013
Visit site

hi, viber worked before on my LG optimus 3D su760 running CM10.1. since from few days when i try to answer or make a call, a message pops out saying that "viber has stopped working"

peter landu

May 23, 2013
Visit site

hello viber

My phone doesn't seem to let viber work and it said that the application is incompatible but on google play store it said that it is compatible but it is not. By the way my phone is a Neo android 2.2 android froyo

evaxen

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Hi I have Alcatel one touch 890 and I installed viber but the messege with the code has'nt been sent and I didn't have my contacts so I uninstalled it and I reinstalled it and the same thing happened and it was keep happening as I was uninstalling and reinstalling so some time I couldn't find it in the market anymore what should I do ???

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@Kavindu Wijesuriya -

Please note that at this stage we don't officially support custom ROMs with Viber. Running Viber on a custom ROM results in various side effects (sometimes total lack of functionality), but we can't afford to support all custom ROMs out there. We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more ROMS, but meanwhile - you might want to contact the ROM developer for further support - they may be able to resolve this issue. In addition, it would be a good idea to test Viber on Stock ROM on that same phone, in order to see if that indeed is the source of the problem.

@peter landu -

Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Is your Android supported with Viber (system requirements)?
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.

* Meanwhile, you may try downloading the APK from our official HelpDesk at: Can't download from Android market...

@evaxen -

If you can't receive the code: Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options).

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

* If you can't download the app, please see my comment above about the direct link to the APK.

Brigantino

May 29, 2013
Visit site

Good morning, I have a Padfone2 and installed Viber apparent that works perfectly, however when I try to call my microphone does not work. no solution to my problem? thank you..

cassielizee

May 30, 2013
Visit site

hi, i have had viber for almost a year and never had any problems, untill now...when i try to open viber the screen goes black and then a thing pops up and says force close or report. i have uninstalled it and re installed it over and over again...i have also rebooted my phone. please help!! :( and my phone is a samsung galaxy ace GT-S5830i thank you!!

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Hi,

@Brigantino -

Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Knowledgebase
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.

@cassielizee -

Hi,
1. Are you running a Custom ROM on your device?
2. Have you made sure you have the latest version of Viber installed?

bibilicious

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

halo
pls i need help i av Galaxy s3 and i cant not download viber when i click it shows ERROR 501 what can i do to download it?

bibilicious

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site

pls i need help i av Galaxy s3 and i cant not download viber when i click it shows ERROR 501 what can i do to download it

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

It says invalid code

Hi,

Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options).

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo