Sony Xperia Series - Viber is not working

baneful00

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I have Xperia Sola with installed Viber , but I cant run it . When I click on Viber,my screen turn into black and then back again to my menu and nothing else happen.
Appreciate for any help,idea,solution,...

Maria Levins

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Viber is not working

When I try and get into my viber app all I am getting is a black screen. It is updated and I tried uninstalling and reinstalling... Anyone else having this problem??

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Hi there,
This is Viber's rep, I'm here to help.

@baneful00 - Please try to uninstall>reinstall and make sure you have the latest version of Viber : 2.3.5

Let us know if the issue persists.
Thanks,
Viber Team

louay1

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

Hi..
I have the same issue. Motorola , Android 4.0.4, Viber version 2.3.5.329.
Install, Uninstalled several times. Does not help, goes into Black screen

BR

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@louay1 -

Which Motorola phone exactly?
Also - do you have a Custom ROM installed, or stock ROM?

furryewok

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

Hi guys, I'm having the same issue. I have a Motorola RAZRi, Viber version 2.5.5.329 and android version 4.0.4. The app downloads fine but gets to the point where I'm waiting for the SMS with the activation code and the screen goes black and then returns to the menu. Further attempts to open the app just show the black screen and then returns to the menu. Any ideas?

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Hi guys, I'm having the same issue. I have a Motorola RAZRi, Viber version 2.5.5.329 and android version 4.0.4. The app downloads fine but gets to the point where I'm waiting for the SMS with the activation code and the screen goes black and then returns to the menu. Further attempts to open the app just show the black screen and then returns to the menu. Any ideas?

Have you tried completely uninstalling Viber, rebooting your device, then reinstalling? (note that this will unfortunately result in deletion of your Viber chat history).

louay1

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

Hi,

I am using Motorola Razr I
I havn't installed any further Custom ROM applications, that will make it that I am using Stock ROM
And Viber app. is running from phone memory not from external memory card

Br
Louay

Last edited:

zizi70

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site

I am having the same Viber issue. I download it from the play store fine, but when i try to get the text msg to register the black screen appears for a while and then back to main menu with no action. I have uninstalled, rebooted and downloaded several times using wifi and data pack to no avail. Using Motorola razr i XT 890 with anroid version 4.0.4

louay1

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

Hi again,

I tried:
Stop Viber app | Clear Viber Data | Unisnstalling | reboot the phone | start installing Viber | Reboot agian!!| still black screen

BR
Louay

furryewok

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site

Hi again guys. I've tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling but still no luck, unfortunately. Any other ideas?

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Hi everyone,

Please note that Viber does not officially support Motorola RAZRi yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Is your Android supported with Viber (system requirements)?
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.

julomoppet

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

I don't have anything to add except I have exactly the same issue as other Motorola RAZR I (which I own as well) : black screen, tried to reinstall, same version, etc.
Would it be related to the Intel processor which makes some apps not working on that phone?

Regards

Futurac

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site

Same here. razr I doesnt work, black screen, identical issue to others..
Viber, can you inform when this issue solved ?

Prakesh Sindhuliya

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site

I'm using android version of COLORSTeletalk Xfactor Mini but when I try to use viber after downloading, it displays a dialogue box with Force Close Option. And doesn't work at all... Reinstall and install also doesn't work, because my google accout says that viber is already installed but it shows the error sign on viber.

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

All,

As we said, devices that are not officially compatible with Viber may result in the errors that some of you are experiencing.
We're hoping to expand the list of supported devices soon, hopefully in our upcoming major update.

We recommend that you stay tuned for news.

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Hi all!

we've released a special version for Intel devices that can be found in this link in our HelpDesk: Having issues with your Intel device and Viber 2.3.5?

This version is intended to specifically address the critical problem of no startup of Viber. Other, more minor issues, are planned to be resolved in our next major update of Viber, hopefully soon.

We'll keep you posted with news. Enjoy Viber

louay1

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

Hi ,

Thanks ...it works :) ..Great Job :)
I installed it with help of Astro File manager.
Looking forward for your major release.

BR
Louay