Micro SD card not recognised by PC or phone any longer (Sony Xperia Miro ST23i)

custardrain

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I got a new Sony Xperia Miro a few weeks ago and I recently bought a new 8GB Lexar micro SD card for music to use with my phone. At first it worked perfectly and I transferred many songs onto it from my PC using the card reader it came with, but after I put a few more songs on it later none of the contents were coming up on the phone. When I put it back into the card reader there was a new folder on the card called "#.LOST" or something and it contained a bunch of XML files. I looked this up and apparently it had become corrupted and all the files on it had been turned into some unknown format. I deleted this whole folder and added all my songs back onto it. They were recognised by the phone at the time, but then when I connected the card up to the card reader and my PC again tonight, the card isn't even recognised by the card reader. The PC recognises the card reader as a removable disk ( D: ), but nothing is in it. When I try to access it I get a message asking me to insert a disk into it. My phone doesn't even recognise it now. I've tried the 'mount SD card' business and the option is greyed out. Lots of other threads seem to want you to reformat the card, but it's not recognised by either of my devices so I can't do this. Since my card apparently got corrupted once before, I think it's probably nuked now and I'll have to get a new one. I'd read about Samsung Galaxy S3s destroying SD cards but not Sony Xperia Miros. I don't even care about the contents of the card as I have all the music already on my PC, I just want the card working again as there's not enough space for it all on my phone. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

LavallavaL

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had many issues with Lexar MicroSDs, lately, and will assert that it's very likely Sony's not at fault here. I'm done with Lexar, I have had too many problems. Some of them where corrupted right out of the box.

I have a 27Gb folder of music and data which I immediately copy on any new card for my phone. The last 3 Lexar 32Gb cards I've had, purchased, the exchanged at a big box store all corrupted data, the first at the 26Gb mark, so I've switched to another brand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol