1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Xperia Acro S will not update to 4.1 Jelly Bean - assistance appreciated.

I purchased a new Xperia Acro S and, upon bringing it home and performing initial setup etc, installed Sony's PC Companion. I was then informed that an update (to Jelly Bean) was available. During the update process, I was instructed to disconnect the phone, turn it off and then reconnect while holding Volume Down button. I did this, with no result whatsoever - the phone simply started, the notification light went green then red, and a green battery indicator was shown onscreen. I tried rebooting both phone and PC, with no luck. Please help...

Default Re: Xperia Acro S will not update to 4.1 Jelly Bean - assistance appreciated.

Same here. really frustrating. they should have tested this themselves.

Oh, went here and found this:

Which says do this:
    Just use this software and avoid confusion.
    SUS ( Sony Update Service) ... download and install it on pc and follow the on-screen instructions

I'm off to try it...

ok, seems to have have the same problem. this holding the volume down key isn't working. It just gives "USB not recognised" message with both these methods!
    Last edited by tussockcreek; 07-03-2013 at 12:47 AM.

Default Re: Xperia Acro S will not update to 4.1 Jelly Bean - assistance appreciated.

Exactly the same problem I've having. Everything I've tried results in the same problem with the green battery indicator showing and no update running. I've tried updating using sony pc companion and when that didn't work, I downloaded and tried Sony updating service. NEITHER WORKS. Have tried contacting Sony but no response. So sorry I bought this phone.

Talking Re: Xperia Acro S will not update to 4.1 Jelly Bean - assistance appreciated.

Hey there you can try installing usb drivers for Xperia acro S ,or flash the ftf file directly using flashtool

Here's the link after finish the installation, access your local disk c or d and search for program files and you can see the word flashtoool click on it and look for the driver folder and install everything given in the file. Hope this will help

I'm experiencing the same exact problems with my acro S. I've downloaded the flash tool, but where can I get the FTF file?

just search it from xda