So I did something very stupid with my new Sony Xperia Z1 phone and I have an equally dumb question. I went to put the micro SIM in my phone and noticed there was a white piece of plastic sticking out. I thought this was to protect the slot and so I pulled it out. Only when had I removed it did I realise this label contains the phone's IMEI number and was not supposed to be removed. I only found this out when I contacted Sony Customer Support. As I said this is a stupid question, but have I invalidated the warranty by doing this? Also, I assume I haven't damaged the phone. It seems to be working fine... Thanks
    01-31-2014 06:17 AM
    Yeah it probably wasn't the best thing to do but hey mistakes happen. The IMEI number is stored within the device and can be found under your Settings/About Phone, and somewhere buried in there with your Model #, and other stuff.. So no worries..

Just keep the sticker somewhere you won't loose it but again its within the phone's settings so no worry.
    malifact likes this.
    01-31-2014 11:27 AM
    Your warranty is deemed void as per Sony if you remove the tag with the IMEI even if you can prove the phone is yours with a receipt my phone has died it wont acknowledge the charger. The red light is on. It is taking a day and a half to come back on.
    Even though the IMEI tag has nothing to do with the problem. Sony dont want to know.
    03-22-2014 05:23 AM
    Guys I did the same stupid thing for the same reasons with my new Xperia Tablet Z4 ((

Sony tested this situation?

The main question is can this label damage the plastic/metal part where he was mounted when I pull it out?

How he was mounted? And from what material this part was made?

The plastic label itself was torn from the edge where it was fixed.
    07-20-2015 03:00 PM