sony xperia browser closes randomly and returns to home screen

Karen Ward

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
My sony xperia has just started returning to the home screen randomly when I am on the internet. noticed it first when I was doing a search for something and it closed. also closes in the middle of candy crush saga. anyone else had this problem and is there an easy solution?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This may or may not work for the Xperia V, but it's worth a try. You can try to wipe the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data or settings.

1. While the phone is turned off, press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons together. Then, while holding these, press and release the Power button (keep holding the volume buttons).
2. The phone should turn on and a menu will appear. Press the Volume down button to navigate to the Recovery option. Press the Volume Up to select (if that doesn't work, use the Power button to select).
3. A yellow triangle and an Android logo will appear. Press the Volume Down and Volume Up button together and a recovery menu should appear.
4. Use the Volume buttons to move to the wipe cache partition option and then press Power to select.
5. When complete, select reboot system now and press Power to select.

Again, this might not work.

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! This may or may not work for the Xperia V, but it's worth a try. You can try to wipe the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data or settings.

1. While the phone is turned off, press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons together. Then, while holding these, press and release the Power button (keep holding the volume buttons).
2. The phone should turn on and a menu will appear. Press the Volume down button to navigate to the Recovery option. Press the Volume Up to select (if that doesn't work, use the Power button to select).
3. A yellow triangle and an Android logo will appear. Press the Volume Down and Volume Up button together and a recovery menu should appear.
4. Use the Volume buttons to move to the wipe cache partition option and then press Power to select.
5. When complete, select reboot system now and press Power to select.

Again, this might not work.

Both built in and Google Chrome browsers of my Xperia ion lte do this.

Uninstalled Adobe flash player.

Settings developer options are kept off. There is no check beside "do not keep activities".

I always close browser pages.

Using "Clean Master" to monitor and free mem when 80 % used.

Apps, all, download manager, can't be disabled. Force stop only. Backed off clearing data fearing losing important update data.

Regarding your instructions, volume button pivots to either end for up or down. Is there risk of causing apps to malfunction. ??

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Both built in and Google Chrome browsers of my Xperia ion lte do this.

Uninstalled Adobe flash player.

Settings developer options are kept off. There is no check beside "do not keep activities".

I always close browser pages.

Using "Clean Master" to monitor and free mem when 80 % used.

Apps, all, download manager, can't be disabled. Force stop only. Backed off clearing data fearing losing important update data.

Regarding your instructions, volume button pivots to either end for up or down. Is there risk of causing apps to malfunction. ??

Since uninstalling Adobe flash hr ago, rebooting, browsers have not closed yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084