Sony in trouble?

lkbig

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
With the news that Sony is selling off its PC business, do you think they may end up rolling back their smartphone business as well?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not an industry expert, but considering how there have been so many stories about the death knell for PCs (what with tablets and Chromebooks rising to power and Windows 8.1 floundering), and how Sony seems to have really reinvigorated their mobile device lineup, my guess is that they just want to concentrate on what they feel is the future of tech.

Who knows, maybe we'll see a Sony Chromebook in the next year or so?

lkbig

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I hope so. I'm thinking of replacing my Nexus 4 with the successor to the current Xperia Z ultra (whenever it comes out) . Assuming of course it has a better camera on it with a flash.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

TonyHove

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Sony's smartphone business has been doing relatively well over the last 12 months. Selling off their pc business will allow them to continue to channel funds into growing their smartphone business. And they also are still yet to make an attempt to capture the American market so still many opportunities for growth in the coming months / years

Sent from my Sony Xperia Tablet Z using the AC forums mobile app

lkbig

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
We'll have to see if they can successfully push into the American market.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ananui