Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default "Calendar Storage" deleted.

hi all, i m new here. searching the solution for my problem. i've Sony Xperia Tipo Dual ICS (rooted). 2 days ago i m clearing some apps and accidentally deleted "Calendar Storage" app in system app menu. now i have calender interface but my all tasks are gone. when i try to make new task it gives the error, cannot find calender. i've tried every possible solution that i know, like i've reset by cell to factory setting, install other different calendars from market but all give the error, cannot find calender. one thing more. in settings/Accounts & sync menu "com.andriod.calender" have the sign of " ! " and written there "Sync is currently experiencing problems". i have also tried to delete my current Google account and add new one. but problem remains same.

so if anyone knows what should i do, kindly tell me.

thanks.
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,236 Global Posts

Default Re: "Calendar Storage" deleted.

try also clearing cache and data of the main Android Calendar App and then force stop it.

good luck.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

dear Gekko the main Android Calendar App is deleted.
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,236 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xhasannx View Post
    dear Gekko the main Android Calendar App is deleted.
    download and install it again.

Google Calendar
    Google Inc. - January 13, 2014
    Productivity

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...droid.calendar
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

installed but it says no calendar found.
    Banned

Global Posts
    8,236 Global Posts

buy an unlocked Nexus 5 directly from Google.

good luck.

flash the rom or use resco explorer to copy the calendar app back into system/app and set the permission

Sent from my iNew V3 using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

@coolicool, i can do it, but i need exact calendar apk n other stuff for my xperia tipo dual.

HELLO! I decided to post in here, because I have the same problem!

I have a Samsung S3 on Sprint and I haven't dont anything to it, meaning "rooting" it or whatever. I live off my calendar every day so I need to get my calendar back! Hoping you awesome people can help!

Here is what is happening:
    I accidentally deleted "something to do with calendars" because now my stock calendar app doesn't work. I was using the widget and while the widget is there, the calendar says, "loading" and is blank. When i enter the app, NO calendars are synced, no calendars are listed (from samsung, to task, to any of my gmail calendars).

So I thought perhaps I just needed to reinstall a calendar or something... So I tried a few different calendars and NONE of them work either. Same problem as with the stock app, so i am guessing I deleted something major?!?!?

The good news is that i can still access my calendar/schedule through google since I wanted them to be saved across various devices. So my events/tasks/schedules are still there. I just can't access it on my phone! Does this make sense? Please write back or message me, I need this phone for work and I need to have a calendar app!

Oh yeah also, I can't create an event from my phone anymore, since there is nothing there. It is literally blank. When I click on "Create event" There is a plain beige screen, no possible way to enter any event details... (in the stock app), but the other apps are the same...

My question is CAN I GET THIS BACK?!?!?

If I can't get it back, will doing a factory reset solve the problem? And if so, I know how to get there through settings on my phone, but what exactly do I need to back up? All of my pics and music and some apps are on my SD card, do I need to remove that first? What about contacts? Contact groups that I made, or anything else?

Please help, I appreciate it very much! Thanks!!!!

You need to find calendar storage apk and manualy move it to system/app and reboot

I am wondering, it is possible if I reset the phone, can I get back Calender Storage, without re-install RoM/Image?