Xperia handsets suddenly working slow and overheating

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I don' t know if this is the right forum to post this on, but I haven't looked through all the forums here yet, 'cause the matter is urgent for me. Sorry if I sound like a total n00b.
I own a Sony Xperia Tablet Z2 and a Sony Xperia Z(both rooted and updated to Android 4.4.4, bootloader locked) . Yesterday I found that one of the battery widgets lagged on my Sony Xperia Tablet Z2( I suspect that is due to my USB cable bending too much and wires wearing off), and I had to force reboot. When I rebooted, I couldn't help but notice that my tablet is being much slower than it usually was. I could still slide screen panels normally and navigate, but it took minutes for widgets to load. Sometimes the UI also lagged and stopped responding, so that I had to reboot. Since the CleanMaster widget was the most problematic one, I first deleted CM. This didn't help things that much, so I deleted all the modifications I made to my copy of Music Maker Jam. No result. I removed the christmas live wallpaper then. Things improved only a little. I started wondering if this is a hardware problem, so I hard rebooted it. Things got much better, and the hard reboot still kept my root and 4.4.4 update. Then Google Play loaded most of the apps I had( all of those I installed from Google Play). I rebooted it and the problem I had started again. I decided to run hardware performance tests, yet the benchmarks I used( AnTuTu, Vellamo, Geekbench) showed that my device is performing well in all the tests( in fact, AnTuTu gave it a higher score than the score it gave this summer). I hard rebooted it once again, and now the lagging has reduced again, yet it can still occasionally crash the UI. Occasionally there are also problems with loading apps from Google Play. I then turned it off and decided to search for similar cases from my Xperia Z, yet when I booted it, I noticed something is wrong with it as well. The CM widget is also loading slowly, and some other widgets as well( although not as slowly as om the Xperia Tablet Z2), but another problem I noticed is that my Xperia Z is heating up very fast( which didn' t happen since the end of this summer, when the dreaded Google Services update was patched) . I can still feel my smartphone heating up in my hands when I'm writing this.
Please, I really need to know what kind of a problem is this( hardware or software), as well as possible ways to fix it. I really need to solve this as quickly as podsible. Thanks beforehand.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I would try the reset again, but start with downloading only the Google apps. Then slowly add the third party ones, a few at a time and wait a day in between. See if that helps.

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. I would try the reset again, but start with downloading only the Google apps. Then slowly add the third party ones, a few at a time and wait a day in between. See if that helps.

I didn' t download any third party apps so far, only the ones from Google Play. It doesn't solve the problem. The only apps currently on my tablet are the Sony ones. I wonder if there is something about them.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How do I do this? Do you mean hard resetting once again?
No. Shutting the device down, yes. But not resetting. Usually, it is a combination of the volume and power keys during the boot up. I cant search right now..at work. But a Google of Sony recovery might point you in the right direction.

From an AOSP M8

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
No. Shutting the device down, yes. But not resetting. Usually, it is a combination of the volume and power keys during the boot up. I cant search right now..at work. But a Google of Sony recovery might point you in the right direction.

From an AOSP M8

Wait... It says I have to install a Recovery ROM... Does that mean I have to unlock my bootloader?

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I tried to boot into recovery mode, it booted as usual. Do I really have to unlock bootloader? If yes, how do I save X-Reality and TrackID?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc