How do I turn an Android phone on without using the power button?

A

AC Question

How to turn an android phone on without using the power button.

So my phone's power button broke off, and I am unable to turn it on. When the screen would go dark, I would just press the camera button (which is partially broken so I have to press on it really hard with a pencil or something) but I plugged it in at one per cent, and two seconds later, it still died. Now I have no way to turn it on, and I'd hate to lose all my texts and notes and have to replace it... I guess I'll probably have to. I tried reinserting the SIM card, which did not work. I don't know if taking the battery out will work, but I'll have to unscrew something to even get at the battery. My phone isn't really a recent model sadly, so I don't know if it could be repaired, and where I am they don't really do repairs on phones that much anymore anyway. My phone is a Sony Xperia Ion LT28i.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How to turn an android phone on without using the power button.

Welcome to Android Central! Some phones will power on once you plug it into a wall outlet, but this is pretty uncommon. If your phone doesn't do that, then your main option is to get the power button repaired. There's no software way to power on a phone.

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: How to turn an android phone on without using the power button.

No, its impossible as of now.. you need to hold power button to turn on the devices.. there are other ways but not as easy..

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Just shorting the contacts of the power button for about 1 second will do it, but it's messy to walk around with a phone with a couple of little wires sticking out of it.

Power on is a hardware function - it has to be done in hardware.