Sony xperia E4g is slow.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
My mum's Sony xperia E4g is running slow don't no why as she's had it less than a year. My dad got the same phone as mum at the same time & his still runs fast & smooth. Is there anything my mum can try to get this thing running fast again? She's tried turning it off & on again & that didn't work. Here phone is on 4.4.4 KitKat. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I moved this to the Xperia forum, since I think you'll get a more specific response in the Sony forums, rather than the KitKat forum.

Have you tried Safe Mode, to see if it's due to a 3rd party app?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
OK thanks for moving my thread. As far as I no she hasn't got any third party apps as all her apps come from Google play.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When I say 3rd party, I mean any apps that the user installs (including apps from Google Play Store), as opposed to system apps or preinstalled apps. Safe Mode is worth trying.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Oh right thanks didn't no that. Thought third party apps were ones download from anywhere but Google play. Will try safe mode.

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Tried safe mode but there was nothing she could really try to see if the phone was slow as all third party apps disappeared in safe mode. When she goes into settings > apps then scrolls across to running there are a lot of things there even when she closes all her apps. She has about 2.2GB of memory left on her phone, dunno if that would make any difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy