Blue screens and shutdown after flashing a ROM

elmismodesi

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello everybody

I have a Sony Xperia T, and when I got tired of the stock ROM (JB 4.1.2), updated with PC Companion to 4.3, and everything started to go wrong. While daily use, the screen sometimes turned blue and afterwards the phone rebooted. This happened approximately once a week.
Less frequently, the phone shut down and I couldn't turn it on tipically by holding power button for few seconds. Otherwise, I had to press volume up + power keys until first vibration (I read this simulates battery removal) in order to start my phone.
I thought it might be due to the new ROM, so I flashed CM 10.2, but I had the same problem. Recently, I tried with PACMAN ROM and OmniROM (my current firmware), but it could not solve the problem neither.
Few weeks ago I read that this bug might be a kernel issue, but I'm not quite sure. Do you have any idea about what happens? Flashing a new kernel would end the problem? In that case, which one do you recommend? My phone is rooted, bootloader unlocked and TWRP.

Android version: 4.4.2
Kernel: 3.4.0-perf-g6f893a7
BUILD: pa_mint-userdebug 4.4.2. KVT49L 39 test keys
SELinux status: permissive

Thanks you all for your time.
elmismodesiempre is online now Report Post

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
If you have a Nandroid of your original set up, I would flash that. If not, You can try a different ROM. There may have been an error in the download.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463