Looking for a tablet to sync with phone

Natzp77

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi all
I'm looking to buy a non-Apple tablet that will be compatible to sync with my Xperia U. Can I get any Android tablet to do this or am I limited by which operating system they run on?
Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! With Android, you don't sync devices directly with each other--you sync them with your Google account. So if you bought a new Android tablet and set it up with your Google account, the information on your phone that is associated with your Google account (i.e., your contacts, Google Drive files, Google Keep notes, etc.) will sync with the tablet (assuming you install those apps on the tablet). Data from other 3rd party apps won't necessarily sync, unless they have that kind of cloud function (like Dropbox). Apps won't automatically install to a new device, but as long as you're logged into the same Google account, you'll see a list of all apps you've installed from the Google Play Store, and you'll be able to install them without having to purchase them again.

Natzp77

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
That's brilliant thank you. I'm new to the tablet market so a bit clueless!
Now to decide which one...
Any suggestions? I'm thinking Nexus 7. Although I heard the 10 may be out very soon here in the UK (we're a bit behind on a lot of things!)

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can't go wrong with the Nexus 7, especially the new one, which I'm using now. It's the perfect size for portability, and it is blazingly fast. I I'm sure the Nexus 10 will be awesome, but I don't think 10" tablets are as versatile due to their size. But if you really want a laptop replacement and don't want to squint at a small screen when using productivity apps, then the Nexus 10 might be reasonable.

Posted via Android Central App