Love the look, now waiting for the US price..

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
This phone looks incredible in the black color. Lot's of good choices by Sony on this one. Not sure why no OIS on the camera though. I'm a little scared they may price this too high for the US market. They really need to undercut the S7 and G5 if possible. The thing that may hurt them the worst is waiting so long to release it after this announcement. June is a long way away and with S7's getting in people's pocket starting March 11 and the G5 probably shortly after that I don't know if Sony will be able to really make a splash being so late to the party. Heck by that time the new HTC flagship phone will probably be out. If they had announced at MWC and released by end of March/early April it would have been great. I think they are going to lose a lot of potential sales by waiting so long. Now the other question is will this actually hit carriers in the US. Specifically AT&T. Now that would definitely be a good thing if they can swing it. Only time will tell.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'd be surprised if AT&T gets this device. I don't remember the last time AT&T had any Sony devices, that's how long it's been. T-Mobile had Sony devices not long ago, so I think there's a better chance of seeing this one for T-Mobile.

kagenish

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
i think one of the reasonwhy is coming out so late(June) is maybe they want to make sure they can make a big splash when it comes out. get all the feedback about the phones so they can make the improvements on next year models.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Just wish they could get this out earlier than June. 3+ months till release is a long time. Here's hoping things like camera and 2 day battery life are are legit. I love the Sony android UI. My z3c is my favorite phone but it's not my daily driver due to no fingerprint scanner. So using a galaxy s6 edge until the X performance comes out.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Boy the x performance forum is about as dead as it gets..... Posted via the Android Central App
With no news about the phone it is bound to be dead. It's been more than a month. It was Sony's decision to wait until June to release a phone. I'm excited for the device but I will more than likely get something else because I refuse to wait 4 months for a phone to release.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
With no news about the phone it is bound to be dead. It's been more than a month. It was Sony's decision to wait until June to release a phone. I'm excited for the device but I will more than likely get something else because I refuse to wait 4 months for a phone to release.

Yeah I'm not sure if I can wait that long either. My phone has started to suffer from random reboots and not sure I can wait until June. I so wish Sony would get their act together and get his phone out quicker.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm not sure if I can wait that long either. My phone has started to suffer from random reboots and not sure I can wait until June. I so wish Sony would get their act together and get his phone out quicker.

I doubt it but we will see.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I doubt it but we will see.

Yeah I'm not counting on it. Just wishful thinking. I would rather have them take their time and get it right. My Z3C still performs perfectly with incredible battery life. Unfortunately I have to use a Galaxy S6 edge for work but will be able to switch out to the X performance full time once that comes out. The edge UI is just horrible and performance has been laggy for a long time now with random reboots starting recently. My Z3C with the 801 processor actually performs better. Really a fan of Sony phones and the wait is killing me! :)

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping we get this early June instead of late June. Every time I use my z3c it makes me want the x performance even more. Love the Sony ui and hoping it has the typical great Sony battery life.

Posted via the Android Central App