Deal of the century! Scored the Experia X for $199, Best Buy

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So I've struggled with either the XA or X but price difference was what I was unsure of. Due to a faulty XA and poor customer service the other day, the manager gave me an even exchange for the XA to X. That totally eliminated my uncertainty of the more than double price difference in regard to if it was worth it or not. Looking forward to it arriving as it had to be ordered. I hope the XA case and Tempered Glass protector fit the X as I had purchased both for the XA. Anyone know if they are the same fit? I'm terribly new to Sony phones so if anyone has the X, please let me know how you like it. Thanks in advance.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
You are a lucky one! Let us know how you like it.

The XA is slightly wider. Your experience actually has me looking into the X, since the XA sounds pretty bad with the battery life.

Last edited:

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I just picked up the X in fact 10 minutes ago from Best buy. I'm still in shock I got this phone got $199. I've read a lot of mixed reviews on it but they were done before the release of the X Performance so much of all the comparisons were to top line flagship phones. This X is a top end mid range phone and my research leads me to find that it's comparable to the iPhone 6s in pretty much all aspects which for me personally, I find to be perfect. I'm about to set it up and will report back shortly if indeed it stands up to compare to the Apple 6s which I happen to know quite deeply. Stand by and I'll be back shortly with a detailed short review of my thoughts. I just knew I liked the XA but I wanted more performance and at $199, it was to me the deal of the century and now I'm rather thrilled that I had the terrible service from Best buy to be able to get this top end X at the low end XA price!!!

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so I'm a bit concerned. I'm noticing some lag on the internet both on wifi and mobile 4g. My thoughts would have been at least twice as quicker than than the XA. I just did a factory reset and starting over. The X should be on par with the iPhone 6s from my research. No complaints for the $199 price I paid for it. I'm just reporting what I'm experiencing. More to come.

libra89

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Okay, so I'm a bit concerned. I'm noticing some lag on the internet both on wifi and mobile 4g. My thoughts would have been at least twice as quicker than than the XA. I just did a factory reset and starting over. The X should be on par with the iPhone 6s from my research. No complaints for the $199 price I paid for it. I'm just reporting what I'm experiencing. More to come.
That's odd about the lag. Let us know if the reset works.

Sent from mTalk

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Seems to be okay. I will definitely say look wise and feel wise, the XA in a subtle way is better than the X. The X is slightly larger as I can see it and feel it. I've not seen or handled the Performance so Im not sure about it. All in all I like the XA better but needed the better performance. That being said, I'm thinking hard on just going all in and getting the performance now and go top end specs. It's just a thought as the X is a better phone than the XA noticeably. The XA had less bezel therfore making it feel much smaller. Kind of odd they make a less or inferior phone feel and look better than the superior double in price X.

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
My X all the sudden had touch screen problems two days ago. I thought best buy was going to give me the X performance instead but ended up exchanging it for another X. I'm waiting on it to arrive now. This will be my 4th Sony phone! What's up with their software? I love the X and it's completely fast enough and at the $199 price I got it for its definitely worth that! I just can't grasp three phones with bad software. Two XA and now one X.